High Quality English Class

corkman

Hi All,

I am looking for a high quality English school for the Thai GF, in the Sukhumvit area. Any suggestions please?

She's learning English at university, but struggling. She wants to learn grammar etc. - not just "useful phrases".

Looked at Wall Street but it is very expensive. Was looking for something around 30-40k, with small classes (6-8 people sort of thing). A well established / well known school please. Not interested in one-to-one private lessons etc.

Thanks in advance. 

Anywhere decent is expensive nowadays. When my wife did her IELTS course she studied at the British Council and enjoyed it. It was a small class and I seem to remember she did two evenings and one weekend afternoon. 

Try ECC in Siam square . Or Siam Computer at Victory monument . When I worked there back in the 90s all the teachers were whoremongering alcoholics . Im sure that will not so much be the case nowadays with the new visa laws .

On 4/30/2019 at 1:29 AM, moontang said:

AUA.... is what several told me, when I asked where they studied English.  That sort of thing can change rapidly, though.  Are any language school teachers actually legal? 

My friend worked there around 20 years ago. In his interview he was told he'd need a degree and was advised where to go - a few days later he had a Bachelor's Degree in Religious Education, and a 250 baht an hour job. 

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

My friend worked there around 20 years ago. In his interview he was told he'd need a degree and was advised where to go - a few days later he had a Bachelor's Degree in Religious Education, and a 250 baht an hour job. 

All too common.  Twenty years later, I know a language school teacher, who doesn't even have a GED, and has been teaching at language schools for years.  Now, they don't even need the fake. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 5:19 PM, sonodaumi said:

I am also looking for IELTS course, but I can hardly speak Thai.

Does British Council have teachers in native-speaking countries?

You don't need to speak Thai to do an IELTS course.