The Upsides to the Hot Weather

48 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Oh, I forgot, the cool season doesn't exist anymore..

Actually, it does. My first 'winter' here (Bangkok) in 1997/98 we had one cool day. We will have cool season again.

Oh the drought conditions are not new either. My wife tells me about a time before I arrived (80s/90s) when her family could not farm (Isan), no rain. They had to find jobs in the South or other countries to feed the family.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Right! 

I have to let the water run for 10 minutes before it gets fresh! 

The reason is that the water pipes outside are so hot that they keep on warming the water running inside. 

In my outdoor kitchen, where there is only "cold" water available, if I turn the faucet in the afternoon, I get burned by the water rushing out! 

Yes - my pump and water pipes gets full sunlight - so even with the heater turned off I get a hot shower.  

And my toilet seat is pre-warmed.  No cold shock in the morning.

Less clothes to buy.

And after a lifetime of working outside in all weathers (England), I promised myself that I would never complain that it was ever too hot when I retired to warmer climes.

Edited by Mukdahanman
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Mukdahanman said:

Less clothes to buy.

And after a lifetime of working outside in all weathers (England), I promised myself that I would never complain that it was ever too hot when I retired to warmer climes.

After a lifetime working in the heat in SEA I promised myself when I retired that I would perspire no more ???? 

Working in the garden yesterday at 18:00 soaked with sweat I had to wonder where I had gone wrong - again ???? 

• Like 1

some places are much less crowded, get more bang for my buck from my tea bc all the ice melts, shower water is more comfortable, have a heated pool now in our building, fewer tourists

but the ultimate... best excuse to drink alcohol

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Seeing the attractive women with a hint of sweat on their back as they walk around is definitely a plus point. 

555555....and I thought I was the only one turned-on by seeing a sweaty young hottie.

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1