7m Thais at risk of severe stress: health chief

43 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

With all the holidays they have here it's wonder anyone ever does a 30 hour week. How many hols so far this year? It's up to about 10 so far and another 3 this month.

In the US I had to wait until Memorial day after New Years eve was done......its nuts how many Holidays they have here.

Edited by ocddave

Being at work 50h/week isn't the same as working 50h/week. 

I know a few Thais who clock up a lot of hours, but, I honestly believe that they are partially to blame for that. For example, endlessly chatting (with me) when they're at work! Is it any wonder they can't finish their tasks on time? 

Maybe try working more efficiently? Asking for help? Asking for proper training so they can do their jobs better? 

I know it's not only their doing, some jobs are just more demanding and take longer. 

I think it is sad that families go through this stress, the husbands working long hours and the wife tries to keep the family together . stress can kill families

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Completely the opposite experience for me working in management level in several Thai companies.

Most Thai staff take as many holidays as they can, skive off whenever possible or even if they feel slightly off-form, will take a sickie.

I found the best way to sack a Thai and not have any problems is to lend them the next weeks wages and poof,never seen again.

50 hrs my backside I've been self employed for 23 years worked 70 to 80 hours per week

slept in my factory on a fold up bed in the office many days had just a few days of when

I was really sick never had much holidays and I worked in a foundry now I retired I am

turning 72 in July  

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Working long hours is not the same as working hard though. The zombies at hardware shops might be there 50h a week, but they conserve energy by turning their brains off and are only mentally present for maybe 15mins a week, at best.

Exactly.