PM promises to do “better and better” if he is reappointed

webfact

000_1EY1OA.jpg

Thailand’s junta leader and Phalang Pracharat party’s candidate for prime minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha speaks during the party’s final major campaign rally in Bangkok on March 22, 2019, ahead of the March 24 general election. (Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP)

Thailand’s current Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, said today that he would do everything “better and better” if he is elected to continue as Prime Minister.

For the time being, however, he said that he would not speculate, adding that parliament is yet to open and it will also depend on the members of parliament whether he would be reappointed.

He said he didn’t understand why critics did not look at the achievements of his government over the past five years, citing all the infrastructure mega projects launched by his government, the improvement of the digital economy and trade prospects.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-promises-to-do-better-and-better-if-he-is-reappointed/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-16

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that this article is coming to Thai Visa now. What achievements? Hastily approved infrastructure projects that allow some of his cronies to salt millions of baht overseas? Digital economy improvements that include Chinese-style monitoring and censorship/prosecution potential? Without Section 44 this guy is a lame duck!

They say that people get the politicians that they deserve, unfortunately in Thailand, if your a leading politician and too nice and too timid, you will be eaten alive, Thailand had number of PM who were nice and honest people, they didn't last longer than one term and even less,

as far as Prayut goes, he's not the worst Thailand had, and if he can do better, well, will wait and see... 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Said another way

"You are stuck with me no matter what, but don't worry (or complain) because I will do better.

I am so humble. Do you like me more now?" 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

That quote reminds me of Inspector Clousuea's boss - Chief Inspector Dreyfus, when he was in the mental hospital: "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better."

The PM promises to do better if reappointed.... well that should not be difficult.

He has done nothing but threaten/ bully people for the past 5 years, so anything he does should be an improvement.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he didn’t understand why critics did not look at the achievements of his government over the past five years, citing all the infrastructure mega projects launched by his government, the improvement of the digital economy and trade prospects.

Trade if for the elite and they love him.  The average Thai voted for him because a segment of the population wants peace at any price and are afraid.  The man has achieved fear and achieved avoiding debate more than anything else.  Hardly accomplishments worth mentioning.

19 minutes ago, BestB said:

So much for someone who was categorically not interested in staying in politics 

But his fans love him so much, they all pleaded with him to change his mind.

(Anyone fancy a bottle of what I've been drinking?)

Archived