Netizens say the policeman’s drunk. Police chief says he ‘is sick’. VIDEO

webfact

Netizens say the policeman’s drunk. Police chief says he ‘is sick’. VIDEO

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%94-26-

A video clip of a policeman falling off a motorcycle onto the footpath on the roadside has gone viral in Thai social media. Netizens say the Phuket policeman was clearly drunk but the local police chief maintains ‘he was just sick’.

The video clip of the policeman shows he was on a motorbike and was losing his balance. The incident happened on Thepkrasattri Road near the Heroines Monument. Social media users have commented that the policeman might have been drunk.

The Cherng Talay Police Chief Col Akanit Danpitaksart says the officer in the video clip worked at Cherng Talay Police Station. The incident happened last Saturday afternoon. After he finished his work he was driving his motorbike home.

“He has a personal health issue – Meniere’s Disease – where he loses his balance. The problem is inside his ears and he can’t control himself. He has broken his leg in a motorbike accident before. A metal implant has been put inside his leg as a result of the last accident”.

(If he has Meniere’s Disease and not taking medication the man shouldn’t be on a motorbike or on the public roads – The Thaiger)

“He is also weak and cannot control the motorbike, and lost his balance. He tried to stop the motorbike on the side of the road. He was not drunk. Now he is in a sick leave.”

Judge for yourself.

S__83566605.jpg

S__83566604.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/netizens-say-the-policemans-drunk-police-chief-says-he-is-sick-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-28

Shocked that anybody could even suggest a policeman here drinking and riding a motorbike.

As we all know pc plods here would never do such a thing as they are all such upstanding people.????????????

Ok ok i dont believe it either.

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

“He has a personal health issue – Meniere’s Disease – where he loses his balance. The problem is inside his ears and he can’t control himself. He has broken his leg in a motorbike accident before. A metal implant has been put inside his leg as a result of the last accident”.

Didn't a well known big mouth Thai politician suffer from the same

condition ,when he was drunk. if this policeman is sick should he be out

on the streets riding a motorbike and with a gun.

regards worgeordie

Very hard to say just from the video. But one thing is 100% certain. He should not be riding that motorbike. Sick or drunk, he was not in any condition to drive.

Got me thinking about a little incident while I was on a motorbike trip a few weeks ago up north. I was driving through a village at about 50-60 when a thai guy on a scooter drives out in front of me (not dangerously), but he was swerving all over the place. As i got closer to him (he slowed down to turn right) I see he has a bottle with brown fluid (whiskey-like) and the SMELL! He was reeking of alcohol. It could have been a bottle of gasoline for all I know, but the guy was stupid drunk and extremely smelly for a thai. Clearest drunk-driving I have ever seen (or smelled!).

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

if that's the case, why is he still working ? he could be a danger to society

Judge for yourself.

Judging by the smiles of those helping him, they clearly seem to think he is drunk. If he was genuinely sick, they would probably have looked concerned rather than laughing. Regardless, if he has a medical condition which causes him to have balance problems, he should NOT be allowed to ride a bike as he is a danger to himself and others.

He is also weak and cannot control the motorbike, and lost his balance. He tried to stop the motorbike on the side of the road. He was not drunk. Now he is in a sick leave.”

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Talk about accident waiting to happen .. If you were to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't smashed he surely shouldnt be on the road from the health issues alone .. 

when they first pick him up he was sleeping

My money is on pissed

I have had numerous episodes of severe vertigo in my life time and I am certain this is not it, it does not make you sleep it will make you vomit if you do not lie down 

29 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Judging by the smiles of those helping him, they clearly seem to think he is drunk. If he was genuinely sick, they would probably have looked concerned rather than laughing. Regardless, if he has a medical condition which causes him to have balance problems, he should NOT be allowed to ride a bike as he is a danger to himself and others.

Drunk like symptoms doesn't mean he is drunk. The explanation provided is very plausible, but yes, in that case he should not be on the job, let alone riding a bike or car.

Give the guy a break, Meniere’s Disease is a hard disease to cope with.

I know this because I get Meniere’s Disease every time I visit the Sukhumwit bar areas.

Next morning I’m back to normal but usually with a dry mouth, a headache and a much lighter wallet.

• If indeed the officer lives with Meniere’s Disease why is he allowed to ride a motorcycle, as the dizziness, and loss of balance should preclude his participation in such duties.
  •  

1 hour ago, RobbyXNorway said:

Very hard to say just from the video. But one thing is 100% certain. He should not be riding that motorbike. Sick or drunk, he was not in any condition to drive.

Got me thinking about a little incident while I was on a motorbike trip a few weeks ago up north. I was driving through a village at about 50-60 when a thai guy on a scooter drives out in front of me (not dangerously), but he was swerving all over the place. As i got closer to him (he slowed down to turn right) I see he has a bottle with brown fluid (whiskey-like) and the SMELL! He was reeking of alcohol. It could have been a bottle of gasoline for all I know, but the guy was stupid drunk and extremely smelly for a thai. Clearest drunk-driving I have ever seen (or smelled!).

Not really the Thai blokes are pissing themselves

7 hours ago, webfact said:

...So, we send him back out on the bike everyday, pretty sure that he'll eventually kill himself on it"

WTH? Maybe it's time to give the man a desk job.  

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And why does he still have his firearm if the poor lad is suffering from the "unbalancing syndrome" ?

Yeah, that would prevent him being a straight shooter.

What if he fell  over and accidentally shot himself in the leg. He needs to stop work for his own good - no one else's good mind you.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Cherng Talay Police Chief Col Akanit Danpitaksart says the officer in the video clip worked at Cherng Talay Police Station. The incident happened last Saturday afternoon. After he finished his work he was driving his motorbike home.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2 minutes ago, MaxLee said:
18 hours ago, webfact said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Was the 'metal implant' a bullet from his own gun that went off the last time he wasn't drunk?

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if that's the case, why is he still working ? he could be a danger to society

If he is drunk, fire him - if he is sick take him to the hospital.  In any case he should not be armed with a weapon and he should not be riding a motorcycle.  What is wrong with the bystanders?  Why did they let him continue?

Archived