How can my Thai 'GF' holiday in the UK?

15 hours ago, champers said:

If you use a Visa agent expext to pay about 30,000 Baht all in. About 40 pics of you together will be required. Agent will fill you in on all other requirements. Good luck.

No pictures are required by VFS/UK visa place.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

Some of the comments posted here are misleading, the website you need to look at is for the British Embassy in Bangkok as they will be deciding whether or not she receives a visa. The UK Government are very concerned about Thai females visiting and then disappearing and not leaving. Many of the young Thai ladies believe, as did Dick Whittingdon, that the Streets of London are paved with gold. 

Totally wrong. The decision is made in BOMBAY.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

They were provided to a Visa agent; at his request; this year. Proof of relationship, apparently.

Probably to warrant his extortionate fee.

Can a platonic couple not holiday together?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Not naive at all, I know a number of Thai women, both single and married, who have successfully applied for UK visas, to suggest otherwise is simply wrong.
If an applicant has a reason to visit the UK, can prove affordability and can satisfy the decision maker of a reason to return then a visa will be issued, most are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That was not the question though was it. He is asking why it is so difficult for lone Thai woman (and men) to get a visa for the UK. Are you really saying it's not because the gov will often think that a single woman could overstay and work as a prostitute? This is why most applications that fail fail on sufficient reasons to return, but you know that already.

Edited by Essex Reject

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So do I - but in all honesty you were just replying to a poorly disguised slur

A poorly disguised slur?? Lol. It's common knowledge why a lot of Thai applications fail. Let's not try to re-write history and bury our heads in the sand!

Just now, Essex Reject said:

A poorly disguised slur?? Lol. It's common knowledge why a lot of Thai applications fail. Let's not try to re-write history and bury our heads in the sand!

Common knowledge or a common myth ? Do they actually state on visa refusals or is it what has been speculated.

52 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I was under the impression that you had to have flight and hotel bookings were a part of the required documentation.

Read the list of necessary documents on gov.uk site.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Common knowledge or a common myth ? Do they actually state on visa refusals or is it what has been speculated.

Anything that can't be proven is always going to be a myth in some way, isn't it. There are plenty of Thai woman 'working' in the Uk in massage parlours and the like. You know it and so do the UK gov. It's very easy to have a 'debate' when you know that you can't officially be proven wrong.

Edited by Essex Reject

17 hours ago, rasg said:

Lots of inaccurate info on here.  A visa company cannot guarantee a visa.

Travel insurance is advisable from a peace of mind point of view. Somebody here in the UK on a visit visa would only qualify for emergency treatment but is not required for a visit visa.

Having kids, cars or motorbikes has no bearing on a visit visa at all.

Five years ago photos were requested. Not any more.

Are you suggesting that the emergency treatment would be free?

The last time I checked free emergency treatment only applied when there was a reciprocal arrangement with your country such as applies with Australia.

There is no such arrangement with Thailand and Thai visitors are expected to pay.

Whether the costs are recovered is of course another matter.

Thanks so much for all the advice here. One thing I want to make a bit clearer is that the lady in question is not my GF, and I have made that very clear to her. We hang out every time I stopover in Bkk (she travels down to meet up with me), and we are 'close' in more than one aspect. But we don't live together when I'm in LOS, and we don't go off on romantic trips etc. 

One of the main reasons I want her to come here for 2-3 weeks is to get to know her better, and find out if I do want to make it more permanent with her. Plus the thought of showing someone all the way from Thailand who's never been to Europe around the UK really appeals to me. 

So I guess the question is, do we have to pretend we're full on GF and BF to improve her chances of getting that visa? 

my friend met a Thai massage girl in Korea flew her back to BKK i met them in Pattaya last october. and just like that she has been in the UK for 6 months, they are coming back to Thailand shortly ,will stay here 6 months and do it all again, if you like i will text him and ask him how much it cost him

• Thanks 1

The number one thing that bothers the UK immigration, is if the lady does not have reliable, steady, decent paying employment in Thailand - ie she might jump at the chance to ditch everything and live with you if she could. She must show that not returning to Thailand is not even a consideration for her. This means explaining that all her friends, family, assets and employment are in Thailand. If they even have the tiniest feeling that she may ditch Thailand and try to stay in the UK illegally, despite whatever you say, then they will refuse the visa. This is because relationships can and do break down when placed in such a different environment, and they don't want to have to do deal with the fallout.

A noodle soup shack worker might concern the decision makers in Mumbai.

I know one very well-off guy in the UK (owns his own construction company) who has had the visa for his lady friend refused several times, he reckons he's spent 200k on everything and still not got the visa. I would never even consider trying to get a visa for my wife to visit the UK, can't be bothered with the hassle, the expense, and the time it takes, plus there are plenty of places to go in Asia which are much nicer.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Mango said:

So I guess the question is, do we have to pretend we're full on GF and BF to improve her chances of getting that visa? 

Don’t ever pretend anything with immigration, they’ll smell something is up and immediately come down like a ton of bricks.

She’s your friend and she’s a girl. So, she’s your girlfriend.

As the fat controller rightly advises, whatever you do be completely honest.

• Like 1

No, just tell the truth.
If she did that and it was discovered that she’d lied, not only does she risk a refusal but she stands the chance of being banned from applying for a visa for ten years.
It’s imperative that in your covering letter you attempt to satisfy the ECO that it’s reasonable for you to pay for your friends trip.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 6:23 PM, Blue Mango said:

so I'm only talking about administrative/visa costs.

She's asked a few of her friends and had different estimates ranging from 150,000 to 800,000 baht to get a visa.

:cheesy:

800,000 baht to get a visa

20K English.

For a visit visa.

:w00t:

24 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

:cheesy:

20K English.

For a visit visa.

:w00t:

Imho they are talking about money deposited on bank account and not the visa costs?

It's quite normal that you need at least 100k baht in savings for visas in the euro area if you don't have income

• Like 1

The number one thing that bothers the UK immigration, is if the lady does not have reliable, steady, decent paying employment in Thailand - ie she might jump at the chance to ditch everything and live with you if she could. She must show that not returning to Thailand is not even a consideration for her. This means explaining that all her friends, family, assets and employment are in Thailand. If they even have the tiniest feeling that she may ditch Thailand and try to stay in the UK illegally, despite whatever you say, then they will refuse the visa. This is because relationships can and do break down when placed in such a different environment, and they don't want to have to do deal with the fallout.

A noodle soup shack worker might concern the decision makers in Mumbai.

I know one very well-off guy in the UK (owns his own construction company) who has had the visa for his lady friend refused several times, he reckons he's spent 200k on everything and still not got the visa. I would never even consider trying to get a visa for my wife to visit the UK, can't be bothered with the hassle, the expense, and the time it takes, plus there are plenty of places to go in Asia which are much nicer.
My wife here now in the UK on her second tourist visa, no hassle, both visas granted in 5 working days of application.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

It's quite normal that you need at least 100k baht in savings for visas in the euro area if you don't have income

Not for a UK visit visa. If you try and "pad" a bank account for a UK visit it usually results in a refusal. If a girlfriend is heavily reliant on funds from a boyfriend and ECO assumes that the applicant is far more likely that she will want to stay in the UK with her income source.

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

The number one thing that bothers the UK immigration, is if the lady does not have reliable, steady, decent paying employment in Thailand

No. It's not. My, now, wife, had no difficulty getting a couple of visit visas back in 2015 and she was on minimum wage. Many others do too.

A visit visa is around £100 for the visa application itself.

• Like 2

my friend replied from the UK , all it cost him was her flight and medical insurance, and of course that CRUCIAL  letter, take advice from other posters on this subject, i cannot say how much the lady paid , he did not tell me , but obviously there were some costs involved. about the 6 months out 6 months in, that was my thought, still thats his problem.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Benroon said:

Lets not try to make shit up as we go along

How many fail for this reason out of interest ? I'm intrigued

But it's not made up at all, and quite a lot do. You can't prove your right no more than I can, but it wouldn't be such a pivitol talking point for the last 2 decades if it was just a 'myth' There have been untold seemingly very strong applications (many that have been put up on here by the sponsor) that have been refused with very weak and in some cases insulting reasons that defy any logic when all someone wants to do is go on holiday to the UK for a few weeks. So what do you think the real reason is for the refusals? Take your time.

Edited by Essex Reject

Can we stop the off topic bickering please.

If you have some constructive advice to offer the OP regarding his question, please feel free to do so, if not please don't bother posting anything on this thread.

Thank you

• Like 1