Few hours overstay - Can it backfire in the future?

Hello guys, hope you doing well, I have a quick question on you.

My visa is until 3rd June, but my flight is on 4th June 3:30 AM.

Will I get charged for overstay? Should I come to the airport before midnight to avoid that or it really doesn't matter, since I'll be leaving country 3.5 hours later?

(I think they will not let me check-in my baggage anyway before midnight since the flight is 3.30 AM - I fly with Emirates).

I'm asking mainly because I will be coming back to Thailand and making my visa in Europe. If this can somehow affect it, I will change my flight and fly sooner or just pay 500 baht fine.

Thanks a lot, guys, wish you a beautiful day to all of you. Nick

• Like 1

You wont get a fine for a one day overstay at an airport , but be aware , last time I overstayed for one day at the airport , they tried to make me pay a 500 Baht overstay fine , I just explained to them that I didnt have to pay an overstay fine .

You will get an overstay stamp in your PP , but that shouldnt effect any future visa applications , although I would try to avoid getting an overstay stamp if possible

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You wont get a fine for a one day overstay at an airport , but be aware , last time I overstayed for one day at the airport , they tried to make me pay a 500 Baht overstay fine , I just explained to them that I didnt have to pay an overstay fine .

You will get an overstay stamp in your PP , but that shouldnt effect any future visa applications , although I would try to avoid getting an overstay stamp if possible

Thank you for your answer. The overstay stamp is going just to my passport or also in their system? I'm planning to make a new passport anyway, so if is it going only into PP, I don't care that much.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

4 hours ago, nickcapolla said:

I think they will not let me check-in my baggage anyway before midnight since the flight is 3.30 AM - I fly with Emirates

I think they might, worth a try. Emirates has several flights out of BKK in the night, there check-in desk is open well before midnight.

• Like 2

Just cross the immigration office line BEFORE MIDNIGHT.

If you fly emirates checking in the luggage early is not an issue: https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-encourages-customers-to-arrive-early-to-airport-during-busy-summer-season-starting-tomorrow

You should call their hotline to make sure imo.

Then wait 3 hours for your flight, there are lounges you can get access for 20 bucks like miracle lounge... worth it for a 3 hour wait.

Not worth to risk any entry just to wait a bit less for your flight ????

58 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Then wait 3 hours for your flight, there are lounges you can get access for 20 bucks like miracle lounge... worth it for a 3 hour wait.

Not worth to risk any entry just to wait a bit less for your flight ????

- so Emirates lounge costs 100 USD to enter.

- Emirates opens 4 hours to check in before the flight, therefore for me at 11:30 PM. So I'll be able to go by immigration just a few minutes before midnight. Seems like everything saved! ???? Thanks guys for the tips.

If you have any tip which lounge I can access for less money, I'll be happy to hear. Have a great night everyone.

- so Emirates lounge costs 100 USD to enter.
- Emirates opens 4 hours to check in before the flight, therefore for me at 11:30 PM. So I'll be able to go by immigration just a few minutes before midnight. Seems like everything saved! [emoji846] Thanks guys for the tips.

If you have any tip which lounge I can access for less money, I'll be happy to hear. Have a great night everyone.
Miracle lounge is 30 usd imo.
Klm/airfrance i remember to be 1000baht, turkish airlines too

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

last time I flew Emirates there was no problem checking in early as their desk is open for all flights therefore checkin early and go through immigration before 23.59

i checked in for an emirates flight 5 hours early the other day, no problems at all.

20 hours ago, JaiLai said:

i checked in for an emirates flight 5 hours early the other day, no problems at all.

They would have needed to wheel me to the plane from the lounge. 

I once got stamped overstay despite getting to the airport early for a flight ten minutes after midnight!