U.S. House Democrat says support lacking for Trump impeachment inquiry

webfact

1 hour ago, rgraham said:

The democrats have now spent over 3 years blasting Trump and spent millions of our tax dollars meanwhile accomplishing nothing related to their jobs. Time to get over the loss and get to work.

Indeed. Shame there doesn't seem to be any accountability of the Democrats spending vast sums of tax payers money on a purely political agenda.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On what basis do you make that claim?

Large portions of the Mueller report are redacted and witnesses are being ordered by the President not to give testimony to Congress.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Keep it going, shaking it up, sifting through the minute detail. Must be something they can pin on him - even if it's just littering!

Wonder how the oh so PC left will react when one of their nominated choices gets elected and the same scrutiny is applied?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. Shame there doesn't seem to be any accountability of the Democrats spending vast sums of tax payers money on a purely political agenda.

Why do you bother to have an opinion on the subject when it's clear you don't understand the basics  of the American political system?  For the first 2 years of Trump's term, when most of the investigation took place, the Republicans controlled the Presidency and both houses of Congress. The last figure I saw for the total cost of the investigation was $35,000,000.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

They won't move on - too bitter, self opinionated and self entitled. Trump, for all his faults, beat their anointed (and fiddled!) choice for POTUS.

The left are now totally vindictive, spiteful and unwilling to accept democracy if the don't win and intolerant of different views. 

As opposed to the dignified way that Kenyan-born-Muslim President was received by his opponents.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

As opposed to the dignified way that Kenyan-born-Muslim President was received by his opponents.

Who was it who led the campaign investigating the mystery of Obama's birthplace? I can't quite recall his name? A large, loud guy, I think.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Of course, that sum pales in comparison to the countless billions Trump gave away in his "corporations get rich" tax reform plan at the expense of middle class Americans, who got little to no benefit when the dust settled.

Not to mention drastically as a result running up the federal deficit/debt, which future generations are going to be saddled with, and probably a debt that will be used in the future as a Republican argument for cutting Social Security benefits, once again screwing the ordinary/average citizen.

The future of social security is grim because of the baby boomers. There are too many old people for the younger generations such as myself to pay for. Entitlements are the reason the USA is $22 trillion in debt. Now people my age will be asked to wait until 70+ or so to retire when it's their turn.

You want income equality? Please return some of your SS money so all people can retire. You are amongst the richest people in the world retired and living in tropical paradise. 

SS was never meant for people to drop out of the USA and basically stop contributing to American society. I don't mean you specifically but plenty of drop outs are around gaming the system.

If you live abroad you should be rationed down on entitlements. You no longer support the system and are basically robbing the cradles.

12 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The future of social security is grim because of the baby boomers. There are too many old people for the younger generations such as myself to pay for. Entitlements are the reason the USA is $22 trillion in debt. Now people my age will be asked to wait until 70+ or so to retire when it's their turn.

You want income equality? Please return some of your SS money so all people can retire. You are amongst the richest people in the world retired and living in tropical paradise. 

SS was never meant for people to drop out of the USA and basically stop contributing to American society. I don't mean you specifically but plenty of drop outs are around gaming the system.

If you live abroad you should be rationed down on entitlements. You no longer support the system and are basically robbing the cradles.

The Dems already have a plan to permanently save Social Security. Basically fully tax it up to the present income limit, skip a few hundred thousand dollars, and start taxing income again above that limit.

14 hours ago, rgraham said:

Time to get over the loss and get to work.

Advice I'm sure Barr and the Republicans will follow as well, right? So they're ending the investigation into the investigation?

Following the Ken Starr/Whitewater - Benghazi playbook. Those were OK, right?

Seriously though, Dems have been working diligently legislating, Republican majority senate not doing much though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bornredi said:

the dems have no ideas anyone will vote for or support, this is all they got as they can not win at the ballot box

Wow. 2018 mid-terms forgotten already?

Dems have plenty of ideas: universal healthcare, gun control, prescription drug price controls, equal pay, minimum wage, free college, debt rate caps, immigration, public education, housing. 

Changing demographics obviously have someone's panties in a bunch.

3 hours ago, dcutman said:

The Dems will never stop the Trump hate speech. It will cost them big time. Trump in a landslide, they will loose the house and the Republicans will get a 60 vote majority in the senate.

We can revisit this after trump resigns, pence pardons him, and a Democrat is sworn in Jan. 20, 2021.

Highlighting the president's myriad deficiencies, criminality, lack of ethics, corruption, odd policies hardly qualifies as "hate speech". Unclench your pearls.

trump won't get a first prison term, or a second one.

Shades of ~ 1973 when The Silent Majority was behind Nixon right up until two weeks before he resigned. And trump doesn't have half the support Nixon had.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:38 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

On what basis do you make that claim?

Large portions of the Mueller report are redacted and witnesses are being ordered by the President not to give testimony to Congress.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

You obviously haven't read the report, the redacted portions are parts of the report that cannot legally be shown...so the Dems want the AG to break the law. Barr said the unredacted report is available to be read but no Dems had taken up the offer! So what you see is political football...just point scoring!

9 minutes ago, TPI said:

You obviously haven't read the report, the redacted portions are parts of the report that cannot legally be shown...so the Dems want the AG to break the law. Barr said the unredacted report is available to be read but no Dems had taken up the offer! So what you see is political football...just point scoring!

The AG can unredact the entire report for the viewing of whomever he designates. So, no, it's not the law that's stopping him., And he hasn't offered the unredacted report to the Democrats.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

"You are amongst the richest people in the world retired and living in tropical paradise." 

Has it just possibly occurred to you that some retired Americans are living abroad precisely because they can no longer afford to live in the USA?

Or maybe you have some actual data to back up your contention that all or most of these expats are amongst the richest people in the world.

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, webfact said:

But he later told CNN that there is not currently enough backing among Democrats in the House of Representatives.

He's not wrong. They probably remember the impeachment of Clinton and how it made him more popular.

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The AG can unredact the entire report for the viewing of whomever he designates. So, no, it's not the law that's stopping him., And he hasn't offered the unredacted report to the Democrats.

Obviously because he doesn't want those parts leaked.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obviously because he doesn't want those parts leaked.

I agree with you 100%. Maybe you should direct your observation to TPI to whom I was replying. He wrote,

"You obviously haven't read the report, the redacted portions are parts of the report that cannot legally be shown...so the Dems want the AG to break the law."