Chonburi introduces cycling path promoting sports tourism

webfact

Chonburi introduces cycling path promoting sports tourism

f4a4a2a6c050b912a909222d894e162e_small.jpg

CHONBURI, 14 June 2019(NNT) - Lovers of sports tourism, especially cycling on routes not far from Bangkok, may be interested in the cycling path around the Siri Charoenwat Forest Plantation Project in Chonburi, passing through beautiful natural scenery suitable for cyclists practicing uphill cycling.

Chonburi province expects sports tourism to be a key national economic driver, leading to the organization of many sporting events connected with tourism attractions in the province, such as Wat Yansangwararam Temple, Khao Cheechan Buddha Mountain, local communities and local farms, allowing visitors to appreciate the many beauties of Chonburi province and promoting diverse tourism products and services.

The cycle path around the royally initiated Siri Charoenwat Forest Plantation Project has the length of 17-kilometer. The well paved, two-lane cycle path passes along the foothills surrounding the forest project with occasional up and down slopes, making this path scenic and suitable for cyclists practicing uphill cycling. The Siri Charoenwat Forest Plantation Project is now under the supervision of the Conservation Area Management Office 2 (Sriracha), the Department of Natural Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-14

1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

We all know what is going to happen.  Motorbikes will be using it, trucks will be crossing the barrier and passing on the shoulder and maybe even a food cart set up here or there... all this means nothing when there is no enforcement probably just another pork barrelling project.

i was thinking on these lines as well .....

4 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

We all know what is going to happen.  Motorbikes will be using it, trucks will be crossing the barrier and passing on the shoulder and maybe even a food cart set up here or there... all this means nothing when there is no enforcement probably just another pork barrelling project.

This is a closed cycle path. I have seen reviews of other places where you have to lodge ID to get into the cycle path, so not as one would expect. 

I would be interested in having a look

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chang_paarp said:

This is a closed cycle path. I have seen reviews of other places where you have to lodge ID to get into the cycle path, so not as one would expect. 

I would be interested in having a look

cycle there then to have a looksee...

And yet the cycle lanes on the Chanthaburi coast have been tremendously successful, so much that they're being added to. At present we have marked cycle lanes the length of the province and continuing through towards Rayong.

From their beginnings in 2011 I've seen the definite benefits, increasing every year, promoted by local government, and attracting sports events, primarily cycling of course but also numerous running series with events from 10km, half marathon and marathon. 

Cycle tourism has taken off with several companies offering guided package tours with van support, plus they've become popular with cyclists using the bus service to get to south Chan then cycling back up the coast.

The red in first pic indicates the marked red (often fading to pink) cycle lanes through Chanthaburi

tumblr_opitu5IiGP1r8w5s5o4_1280.jpg

Near Chao Lao, I like the small barrier from vehicular traffic

tumblr_proez2M6lU1r4rbn5_1280.jpg

Khung Wiman, an extension of the coast highway and regular start/finish point for competitive cycling and running events

tumblr_psej3ocsYS1r4rbn5_1280.jpg

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

We all know what is going to happen.  Motorbikes will be using it, trucks will be crossing the barrier and passing on the shoulder and maybe even a food cart set up here or there...

...and all the parking of cars.

Will locals respect the bicycle paths & not park on them or motorbikes on them.

I do believe people in Changmai are more obedient to the rules than the Thais living in Pattaya.

btw- Roi et city has a great bicycle & jogging lane . The people respect the rules in their city & do not litter.

2 hours ago, toenail said:

Will locals respect the bicycle paths & not park on them or motorbikes on them.

I do believe people in Changmai are more obedient to the rules than the Thais living in Pattaya.

btw- Roi et city has a great bicycle & jogging lane . The people respect the rules in their city & do not litter.

Pat-trash-aya, a place that has become a rubbish bin by the sea. So much potential for a city so neglected.

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Really?

This is not a new track, if you read the article if is promoting an existing track.

Motorbikes, trucks, food carts, you're rather uninformed 

Here's a pic from The Nation 2017

1c5f3a9a45152f7ac720a7a3b3a29ba1.jpeg

FYI development of this area comnenced in 1990 as a Royal Development Program, and the sealed track pictured (in addition to existing trails) was completed in 2017. One of the 2017 cycling events there was limited to the first 1000 riders.

There is a "cycle track" that runs around part of Bangphra Reservoir. Well separated from the road it shadows but with plenty of handy access points. Watched it being built and generally it is always empty of any other vehicles.

I  have seen a lot of cyclists using the main road especially late afternoons when returning from one of the golf courses - but I have never seen any group actually using the track - they are all on the road? 

20 hours ago, tlandtday said:

The cycle lane in Chiang Mai has always been clear. (Conference centre to Huay Tung Tao lake)

Out of town tracks have nobody to park on them.