Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, PatOngo said:

Maybe they were the ones who dropped "Coming" to the police. I don't think you would find a lot of integrity in Soi 6!

If you asked me, it’s not a maybe but a certain. ????

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i know a bar called "one for the road" does this mean having ones last drink....or ones last **CK????

Fresnes, a city in the district 94 In France ,  there is a bar called :

" Ici mieux qu'en face " ( here better than in front ) ;

What is there on the opposite ?

The prison ...:cheesy:

Just now, marcusarelus said:

It's a lot of work.  7 days a week when I owned one.  Did you ever try to manage go go girls?  Like herding cats.  

Oh so now you even owned one? Love your vivid imagination , but I guess expected when you hit 80’s

I think there is maybe a message being sent to foriegn bar owners and managers, "pull your head in". 

If you join a couple of the big Pattaya facebook groups (20k members) the bar owners and managers are not exactly being discreet about the soi 6 activities. 

These guys are not keeping a low profile and just the silent owner or manager in the background. They post and advertise themselves, their bars, their activities. 

31 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This

Sounds like the police/army in Pattaya are one big joke already.

A sitcom based around a Thai cop shop could be absolutely hilarious.

Police Academy Pattaya - a new slapstick film to rival all the other versions and will beat the Keystone Cops hands down!

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh so now you even owned one? Love your vivid imagination , but I guess expected when you hit 80’s

Owned a couple in Florida back in my youth and ran one in Vietnam.  I have posted I married two hookers.  Where do think I found them?  

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Owned a couple in Florida back in my youth and ran one in Vietnam.  I have posted I married two hookers.  Where do think I found them?  

Oh so now it was in Florida and Vietnam ????????????????

29 minutes ago, colinneil said:

If they transferred every police chief who turned a blind eye to illegal activities, there would be none left.

There aren't. Perhaps that's why a lot of people seem to think they haven't got a brain cell between them - it must be being time-shared with five others.

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh so now it was in Florida and Vietnam ????????????????

Not now back then.  Now I'm too old for all the work.  Running a bar is hard work.  Cops on the take, sometimes different jurisdictions (Pattaya has at least 3 that need to be paid), girls very difficult to work with, always the underage thing if its not the girls trying to get their little sister a job it's the bar next door planting underage women on your staff.  And in Vietnam had to pay off the Army and these little fellows in black pajamas kept blowing up my toilets and showers.  Not easy work.  

Pattaya, so we've been told, is the most prized posting in Thailand for police officers. The "remuneration" is very high. So I wouldn't expect any more bars to close. One doesn't cut off one's nose to spite one's face.

3 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Pattaya, so we've been told, is the most prized posting in Thailand for police officers. The "remuneration" is very high. So I wouldn't expect any more bars to close. One doesn't cut off one's nose to spite one's face.

Pattaya cops, Bangkok cops, Sattahip navy cops, everybody is in on the action when you own a bar in Pattaya.  

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Channel 7 said that the foreign owners of Coming Bar in Soi 6 would all be deported and blacklisted from entering Thailand. 

In earlier reports about the raid in which a 17 year old sex worker was found it was stated that the owners were a consortium of Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai nationals.

The Thai nationals have been sent to a new posting in soi 7.

40 minutes ago, LennyW said:

So 40 or 50 bars in the same soi doing the same thing and this one was singled out....hmmm!

Saw something similar to this in Penang once: a "tech mall" where every other shop sold pirated DVDs.  One shop was shut down, with a nasty notice posted on the locked door "By Order Of the King" etc.  Talk about absurd.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

well they have to do something when the underage thing pops up on international radar.

Yes they do but in the international setting what may be underage in this instance according to Thai law ( I believe the young lady was only 17),  does not mean it is underage in many other countries where they are deemed adult at 16 years of age, so the international community really will not be interested in this particular case.  However where there any girls found to be under the age of 16 then that is a whole different ball game and would be frowned on in most other countries.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Bang Lamung district chief Amnat Charoensri said that he had ordered the bar shut for five years and that the case had damaged the image of a tourist town (Pattaya) and the image of the country.

Why is it, I'd like to know, that in the wake of these supposed 5 year closure orders, we NEVER hear any followup of what actually happens with these places???

I think I can almost guarantee, that the space held by this bar is NOT going to sit vacant for the next 5 years. Probably will reopen as another bar in the not too distant future, probably with a new name and with new tenants/lessees. And the Thai owner of the (land) property will probably continue making money off prostitution, et al...

Archived