Tougher immigration rules sees large number of Nordic expats leave Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree. Lets hope so because there's only one way it will change and that's through bad press making it an issue to image.

I also agree with KiChakayan, the numbers are inconsequential statistically. 

Correct, swings and round-abouts. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree. Lets hope so because there's only one way it will change and that's through bad press making it an issue to image.

I also agree with KiChakayan, the numbers are inconsequential statistically. 

So statisticians explain your opinions?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I've lived in the same North Eastern city for 14 years, met a lot of people, both falang and Thai, and apart from 45 years spent in my place of birth, this is the only other place I have stayed long time.

I rent, what I think is, a great, relatively cheap, condominium, superb location, near a lovely lake I walk around each morning at 5.00am for exercise. Everywhere I need to go to is on a songteaw route that is very close, including the Government Hospital, which I use regularly for physio, and I have never had any complaints with the immigration office here. I live a far better quality of life here than I would back home, and have far more friends, and acquaintances, than I do back there.

If I were to move, I would have to start the whole process over again, meeting new people (who to trust, and who not to?), registering at a new hospital, and getting familiar with it, finding my way round a new environment, and, most importantly, finding accommodation as good as the one I am in now.

At aged late fifties, I cannot see the point of leaving and starting again somewhere else, in view of the above, and would only do so if I was forced to, and I would think most people here feel the same. So I , personally, cannot see a mass exodus of expats out, unless it is financially not possible to remain here.

hi Thaiwrath

can you send me an e-mail?

I am in that situation where I appreciate any tip/advice about living here.

[email protected]

appreciate

For many reasons people may be making alternative plans.

Some are now financially unable to meet the new requirements, business visa's linked to a work permit is only short term and not transferable, the exchange rate may make other destinations more viable.

Thailand will see a change in trend, while statistics can be used to show what you like the trend is there!

• Like 2