Taking cash out of Thailand

apex2000

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Super Rich have a maximum transaction amount of 800,000 baht for exchange to other currencies, I believe.

This is incorrect. Super Rich will exchange any amount of currency. There is no transaction limit.

Above 800k they are supposed to submit a money laundering form.

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

The UK requires a declaration for amounts over 10,000 Euros or the equivalent.

Tiny tiny difference in formulating in rules !! …. starting 10 000 .... so only up to 9999 you are free for no declaration , as many think it is over , notice the agents always ask if you have 10 000 or more .....!!

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

Tiny tiny difference in formulating in rules !! …. starting 10 000 .... so only up to 9999 you are free for no declaration , as many think it is over , notice the agents always ask if you have 10 000 or more .....!!

However any amount over £1,000 can be detained and investigated. If you don't have a satisfactory explanation for the money then there is a possibility it could be confiscated. More info in the link below:

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/investigations/investigative-strategies/financial-investigation-2/asset-recovery/cash-seizure/

13 minutes ago, blackcab said:

However any amount over £1,000 can be detained and investigated. If you don't have a satisfactory explanation for the money then there is a possibility it could be confiscated. More info in the link below:

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/investigations/investigative-strategies/financial-investigation-2/asset-recovery/cash-seizure/

True , I was only referring o the declaring rule ,At Schiphol I had the sniffer dog passing …., as the same agent remembered me 3 weeks before entering Schiphol and as always bag control saw that time my blanc E.U. declaration forms …. so he remembered me  , all ok as I had slips and stamped doc. from my bank for my lousy 9975 €, of course usual questions of which they normal have no business with to ask … but at the Gate for leaving ...we better keep them friendly ...:whistling:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/cash-controls/how-declare_en

E.U website with all the different language declaration forms to download an very extended explanations ….for English forms Click irish ones ...

Edited by david555

8 hours ago, lkv said:

That's not the case. And if there was any limit, they would just fix the problem by printing several receipts.

Generally, amounts of 1M and above also "entitle" the customer to personal assistance in the back room (VIP, let's call it), away from the regular crowds.

I didn't say there wasn't ways around it. I read the information I gave on a Super Rich website a few months ago. I agree there is always ways around it, it could be more problematic though at the destination end , especially countries like the U.K.

U.K. always picks on the small guy but allows Russian and Saudi billionaires to wash their cash at leisure, but that's another story.

23 hours ago, BestB said:

It’s still the same $20000 and nowhere to declare on the way out . Only on the way in and no one ever checks in Thailand , no sniffer dogs .

It is not $20,000. It is $15,000 or equivalent 

take a look at the bank of Thailand website 

There is no limit on the amount of Thai baht bank notes that may be brought into the country. A person traveling to Vietnam, the People's Republic of China (only Yunnan province) and Thailand's bordering countries is allowed to take out  up to THB 2,000,000. A person traveling to other countries is allowed up to THB 50,000.

Any person bringing into or taking out of Thailand Thai baht bank notes, foreign currency bank notes or negotiable monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding 450,000 Baht or USD 15,000 or its equivalent must declare to a customs officer.

Notice from Deemoney,

Transfers in GBP, NZD and USD are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.

They claim they need a new service provider. Can't hardly believe that. What do these 3 geographical areas have in common?

June 21, 2019 14:00 GMT +7

Edited by habanero