Doing volunteer work as a Tourist Police Officer. Or any volunteer work at all.

GaijinKusai

Hey.

I have been living in Thailand for the past 2.5 years on student visas and I want to do some volunteer work. I have been interested in becoming a Tourist Police Officer, in Bangkok. I can speak Thai and have a short-term military experience as well.

Can anyone help me on what I need to do? Where can I get more information on this?

I know most of you are very funny people, but try not to turn this into a joke post please, like what happened with the older topics discussing this subject.

If becoming a Tourist Police Volunteer is out of the question, what else can you suggest to a person who wants to do some volunteer work in Bangkok?

Thanks.

• Sad 1

OP, they need people like you! Your military time is of course very helpful to catch these sometimes very difficult to find, foreigners, who often sell BBQ chicken.

The easiest way for you to become ONE of them is to call your Best Friend when in Thailand. Call 1155 and tell them that you'd like to be one of them. 

Of course will they ask you what your preferred area will be. They're currently looking for tough guys in Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Overly negative comment and response removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Orphanages are a good cause, but alas, the wicked world being what it is, unless your female, they'll likely assume the worst.

In the same vein, geriatric or male ward orderly in a home or hospital.

Maybe the airport will have a need for land side bi-lingual passenger assistants. That could be fun and interesting.

Soi dog foundation, or other animal rescue, if you're into that.

Edited by Small Joke

7 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Orphanages are a good cause, but alas, the wicked world being what it is, unless your female, they'll likely assume the worst.

In the same vein, geriatric or male ward orderly in a home or hospital.

Maybe the airport will have a need for land side bi-lingual passenger assistants. That could be fun and interesting.

Soi dog foundation, or other animal rescue, if you're into that.

Nice to read an actual helpful reply rather then the normal BS as posted above.

Regardless of which volunteer job you take on you will need a work permit for that particular job.  Don't get caught without one otherwise the police can detain you and charge you.  The result will be deportation.

Don't believe an organization that tells you that you don't need one.

I was a RTPV many years back up here in the boonies, I didn't need a work permit, all my personal info was kept on record at the staion.

I gave it up because it was a complete waste of time, I was really only wanted for the photo shoots, though I did help a few folk out on my own...

If you want to go for it you must find out where the tourist police office is, they are nothing to do with the regular BiB..