Non-Immigrant "O" Visa Extension Based On Marriage

Just after a bit of advice.

Ok I have been here for 10 years, always using Non-Imm "O" Multi-Entry Visa obtained from London/Hull.

Now London has stopped issuing this Visa, I am looking to extend my current Non "O" and go down the route of extensions based on marriage and the 400k in the bank etc etc.

However, I was in the UK with the family in May/June and was planning on getting another Non-Imm "O" Multi entry from London as I have done for years. While I was there, the rules changed and no longer possible.

We have now all returned to Thailand, with me returning on my existing Non-Imm "O" Multi Entry which expires on 3rd Sept 2019. My plan was to leave (trip to Mae Sae) and come back in just before that visa expires, to get the "last" 90 days and during that time apply for my "Extension to Stay" based on marriage. 

However, during this time my Non-Imm "O" Visa would have effectively expired on 3rd Sept! Can I still apply for my extension during the last 90 days? 

Even if I transfer over the 400k tomorrow, it wouldn't have been in the bank for 2 months.

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by falang1969

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You will be extending your last 90 day entry from your visa. Your visa being expired means nothing after you enter the country.

Hi Ubonjoe, so are you saying the fact my current Non-Imm "O" visa will have expired on 3rd Sept, I can still apply for an extension "marriage visa", during that following 90 days?

It's just I read on some checklist your current visa must be valid? See below.

"In order to obtain the extension, you must apply for the extension at your local Immigration office with all of the required paperwork while your current Non-Immigrant visa is still valid."

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Your current Non-immigrant visa entry is still valid would be correct. 

So where it says below "current Non-Immigrant visa is still valid" what they ACTUALLY mean is "current Non-Immigrant visa entry is still valid". Correct?

"In order to obtain the extension, you must apply for the extension at your local Immigration office with all of the required paperwork while your current Non-Immigrant visa is still valid."

4 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

So where it says below "current Non-Immigrant visa is still valid" what they ACTUALLY mean is "current Non-Immigrant visa entry is still valid". Correct?

I have no idea what they mean as no source was linked - just provided the correct language to make it accurate - as you were told by the best source for accurate information the visa does not have to be valid to obtain an extension of stay, you just have to be on that type of visa entry.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

I have no idea what they mean as no source was linked - just provided the correct language to make it accurate - as you were told by the best source for accurate information the visa does not have to be valid to obtain an extension of stay, you just have to be on that type of visa entry.

Thanks LopBuri3 and Ubonjoe, always a fountain of knowledge as always. Appreciated.

42 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

It's just I read on some checklist your current visa must be valid?

Perhaps it was done by somebody that incorrectly called a permit to stay a visa like many people do.

Some people call every stamp or sticker in their passport a visa.

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It is still possible to get a ME Non O visa from Savannakhet, Laos. So that’s an option if you don’t want to switch to extensions of stay.

Second local option for ME is HCMC but in addition to marriage certificate/copy and such they also ask to see a short note from wife asking for the visa to be issued and payment must be in USD.  If using Savannakhet best to avoid Monday and Thursdays as those are group visa run days.

12 hours ago, falang1969 said:

However, during this time my Non-Imm "O" Visa would have effectively expired on 3rd Sept! Can I still apply for my extension during the last 90 days?

Yes, you are not extending the visa, but the permission of Stay.

Good luck.