Which border is hassle free?

Hi all,

Im currently in thailand on a ME NON-O visa, based on marriage, which i have extended by 60days after the initial 90 days they give you upon arrival were about to run out at sakaeo immigration.

Im a british citizen.

I want to do a border hop/activate new entry, and i live close to the poipet border, but have read reports that the immigration officers can be difficult.

Is this still the case? Its fustrating as im only 30km from the poipet border. Would me putting my wifes address on the tm30 which shows im so close to poipet increase my chances of not being denied entry? I dont want to risk being stranded in cambodia, ecs poipet.

What would be the next best choice/closest border which can be recommended for a new entry/90 day stamp.

Would i need to show any sort of funds, if doing a land entry?

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

I want to do a border hop/activate new entry, and i live close to the poipet border, but have read reports that the immigration officers can be difficult.

Is this still the case?

Yes. It should still be avoided for a “border hop”.

Its fustrating as im only 30km from the poipet border. Would me putting my wifes address on the tm30 which shows im so close to poipet increase my chances of not being denied entry? I dont want to risk being stranded in cambodia, ecs poipet.

No. The TM.30 is irrelevant when you enter the country.

What would be the next best choice/closest border which can be recommended for a new entry/90 day stamp.

Ban Laem is a good choice.

Would i need to show any sort of funds, if doing a land entry?

Under the law/regs all visa holders should have at least 20K. But it is rare and highly unlikely you’ll be asked when entering with a non-immigrant visa.

38 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Ban laem the border close to chanthaburi?

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

In Pong Nam Ron district, Chanthaburi?

https://goo.gl/maps/QL4mgMDEXBp

It has so many names.

Yes, Chanthaburi. The following topic gives you details.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

The info on that topic seems dated, has anyone done a round trip recently using ban laem??
I just want to know if they will let me do a in/out with no issues when re entering.

Thanks for the help so far.

This visa run company take people there every week. If there were any issues they would update their website and TVF.

https://www.thaivisaservice.com

58 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

The info on that topic seems dated, has anyone done a round trip recently using ban laem??
I just want to know if they will let me do a in/out with no issues when re entering.

Thanks for the help so far.

In general, border bounces there are just fine. The only slight issue is the Cambodian immigration rule that you are supposed to stay overnight. You may need to pay a fee of about 200-300 baht to Cambodian immigration for them to waive that rule.

13 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Will be doing the border bounce tommorow guys, will update this thread to let everyone know how it goes...

Does it still cost 1200bhat for a voa (cambodia) for a uk national or have the fees changed?

Take US dollars (clean undamaged notes) and you should be able to get the visa for $30. Remember to take a visa photo with you. If you lack the US dollars or photo, the price for the visa is negotiable, but 1,200 baht is probably at the low end of what they will ask for.