Ibuprofen in BKK

JTXR

When I go to pharmacies and ask for Ibuprofen, I'm always given Nurofen.  At 40 bht per packet of six 400mg tabs, it's a bit expensive, compared to US.  Anyone know pharmacies with generic or other cheaper 400mg tabs?  Thanks.

I pick my Ibuprofen up at a pharmacy opposite the Rajawithi hospital near Victory Monument (one of the row of pharmacies on that street): brand Heidi, 14b. for a strip of 10 400mg. tabs when I buy 30 strips at a time.

I forget which pharmacy exactly but they should all have something similar.

I don't remember the price but I purchased Nurofen Zavance, Ibuprofen 400 mg in a 10 soft capsule box at Mall Bangkhae first floor pharmacy. About 1 month ago. Sorry I dont have price, but its a different box option anyhow.

20190813_184025.jpg

Edited by WalkingOrders
Image add

Just how dangerous is taking Ibuprofen when on blood thinners?

I am taking half a Lixiana (edoxaban) 60 mg tablet a day and have read about the serious warnings against taking anti-inflammatories including Ibuprofen. (Problems stem from internal bleeding).

I find that one or even half a tablet a day of Ibuprofen can give me substantial relief with joint aches and pains if I have been overdoing my exercise or walking too much.

For a generally healthy person is taking a small does really such a stupid thing to do when it can provide such benefits? Is it an acceptable risk?

Any opinions welcome.

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Just adk for a Thai brand, thete are many. And go to a real pharmacy not a Boots or Watsons.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Boots has a very expensive brand they will always pull out first when asked for ibuprofin.  One must argue a bit and physically point to the inexpensive alternatives on the lower shelf.  They will make one last attempt to sell the expensive one..."This much better"

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

Just how dangerous is taking Ibuprofen when on blood thinners?

I am taking half a Lixiana (edoxaban) 60 mg tablet a day and have read about the serious warnings against taking anti-inflammatories including Ibuprofen. (Problems stem from internal bleeding).

I find that one or even half a tablet a day of Ibuprofen can give me substantial relief with joint aches and pains if I have been overdoing my exercise or walking too much.

For a generally healthy person is taking a small does really such a stupid thing to do when it can provide such benefits? Is it an acceptable risk?

Any opinions welcome.

My cardiologists (Duke Univ in the USA, BNH in BKK) say no. Tylenol. Im on Effient