Airport queues: Immigration chief at Bangkok airport, meeting planned for Thursday

webfact

I flew in last week from the UK. Had a CIQ sticker for onward flight, so only had to pass through the internal immigration. Was shocked at how bad it was. Normally empty whenever I arrive, but it was packed, with multiple queues, mainly Chinese.

The only reasons I could think of were either multiple flights arriving at the same time, or the fingerprint procedure slowing things up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, about 6 months ago I was approaching the lines, a roving officer quickly and pleasantly took me to the 'over 70' line' and I was through within a few minutes.

Exactly what happened to me on arrival at BKK 2 months ago.

5 minutes and I was through. 

• Like 1

i think the first thing they need to do is set a goal. for example, upon entering the line it should not take more than 20 minutes to exit. measure this by the minute or 15 minute intervals. whatever. then apply manpower as required. they know when the workload is going up.

they fail if it takes more than 20 minutes.

another thing is to add manpower when the lines get longer than a certain point. (this has to take into consdiertion the number of desks active)