What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

On 9/3/2019 at 11:27 AM, RedPill said:

But that's a very grey area ... that prostitution business here in Thailand. Especially since they are masters of the girl friend experience on holiday.

Talk to any guy, most of them have met their girls somewhere in a bar or when they were out partying on their first holiday etc.

Sure there are exceptions, but if you are honest, the majority have met their current wife's/partners in a prostitution kind of environment, but often didn't feel like it.

You are correct. I have met so many sweet, caring good fun girls. Calling them prostitutes is just an attempt to define them in a very negative light. The history of paying for youth and beauty is a Thai tradition that predates tourism. Visitors who go around with bar girls are enjoying aspects of Thai culture and the Thai experience in fact. The critics of this lifestyle are puritans, cultural imperialists  evangelicals,  ignoramuses, extreme feminists, anti thai racists and mostly hypocrites preaching to mask their own sins.

Sunny, a simple example is having a beer in bar and playing 'connect four'  ... I've never seen this elsewhere ???? It all looks so fun & harmless.

The girl stays with you throughout your holiday if you want, it all feels like a love story incl. love sick drama's at the airport when going back home. 

I've never seen this i.e. in the red lights of Amsterdam, the Reeperbahn in Germany or with the hookers in Las Vegas.

That's the 'grey area' I was referring to. A prostitute kind of environment, but doesn't feel like it.

And that's the big difference why you see what happens to the Farang's when they enter Thailand.

Especially for the first time, I guess.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

If that's your world and only perspective, I understand why you're so warped. I have a completely different life. I'm not a saint but neither am I a pervert. 

Don't know what that has to do with being a pervert?

That's what's happening to a lot of guys who come here for the first time.

Many don't really planned to go to prostitutes, haven't even done this back home, but here it feels different.

It doesn't feel like you are together with a prostitute when you go to a bar for a beer and they ask you to play connect four.

But in essence, they are prostitutes when they go with you and ask for money.

It's happening all over Thailand, I have seen it, you haven't? ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I have a completely different life

Well, you know, me too. I haven't been to Pattaya for a year or more, and it's only a 30 hour drive. I haven't been to any bar for very long time. It's boring now.

I'm talking about what happens to the guys ... and yes, this also happened to me when I came here for the first time.

The next new guy coming here for the first time might experience the same thing ... big chance.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Don't know what that has to do with being a pervert?

That's what's happening to a lot of guys who come here for the first time.

Many don't really planned to go to prostitutes, haven't even done this back home, but here it feels different.

It doesn't feel like you are together with a prostitute when you go to a bar for a beer and they ask you to play connect four.

But in essence, they are prostitutes when they go with you and ask for money.

It's happening all over Thailand, I have seen it, you haven't? ????

If they dont ask for money, what then? 

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Then you still have to be careful that they are not playing a different game. 

But in essence, what you think? I would say go for it! ???? I'm not judging anyone going with bar girls ... just say what's happening here so often.

The point was, I see a lot of holiday makers around me, in love on cloud #9, falling in love with a working girl met in a bar.

I never have seen this in the West, at this massive extend? Have you?

3 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Your views on Thailand are warped by your chosen environment and who you chose to be with

Not always ... the thing is, in every place where first time holiday makers go to ... there are always bars like this they run into.

I ran into a bar in a sleepy town like Chumphon, waiting for the boat to the islands the next day.

Overall I agree with you ... living in places like Pattaya is of course hardcore in your face, and you know what you are doing there.

But there are also nice quieter places around to settle down.

23 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I meet many beautiful respectable girls that if I weren't married would interest me. They are out there and aren't prostitutes.

Yes, of course. But then you are already living here, have settled down, and more time and experience to see this.

Most people come here for holidays, and go through the procedure of first hitting a bar ... they are on holiday after all.

Then fall in love with a working girl, which doesn't feel like is a working girl. It happens a lot!

Would you agree with this? That's what I see all the time around me.

And age doesn't matter here, only money, so that to me answers the question of the topic.

Edited by RedPill

Maybe Mazzo should fine tune his topic ... what happens to people when they 'enter' Thailand?

Enter when? For the first time?

Or after the 15th trip in & out, after they have settled down, after a certain period of time and know what's going on?

You really can't blame an aged holiday maker coming here for the first time and falling in love with a younger girl, showing him 

all sorts of affection he's not seen since many years before ... that's definitely not his fault, or very hard to resist.

He's just getting played.

Edited by RedPill

8 hours ago, RedPill said:

Well, you know, me too. I haven't been to Pattaya for a year or more, and it's only a 30 hour drive. I haven't been to any bar for very long time. It's boring now.

I'm talking about what happens to the guys ... and yes, this also happened to me when I came here for the first time.

The next new guy coming here for the first time might experience the same thing ... big chance.

Indeed.  Switzerland guy I know had never seen a pair of naked boobs in a bar before Thailand.  He lost himself in young puzzy, still going now after 50 years of age.  Very intelligent guy, but stupid when it comes to puzzy. 

You can't tell Newbs anything, they must learn for themselves. Even when they know, they do the same stupid s**t over and over again. 

49 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I don't know any Thais that would go into "a Bar" except to look for companionship.

Exactly, occasionally you see a Thai in a bar where Farangs hang around just for some drinks, sometimes, but then more to play pool for money.

The Thais go to Thai disco's, 'Karaoke' places etc. Thousands of them 

3 years ago I did a bike tour up north ... when I stayed in Lopburi, I went around the corner from my Hotel for a drink. 

My god, I've never seen something like this before. A huge place, maybe 200+ people sitting around tables sharing their bottles of Whiskey. 

Thai band playing and dancing on the stage. 

At first glance, a normal gathering of a mixed group of Thai's, guys with their girls, friends, colleagues etc.

Then I noticed that the waitresses were all dressed up like Gogo's and had a number on their shirt.

During the break of the band, they all went on stage, lined up, dancing, presenting themselves, to get picked up.

Sounds familiar? The only difference was, they were all young, sexy, not chubby ... 

I was the only Farang there, felt a bit awkward ????

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.33.55 AM.png

Edited by RedPill

I mean, there is nothing so romantic about the Thais that some people have to defend them to the last bit.

But a Farang is a pervert when he get's played by a young Thai girl having a beer in a bar and falls for them ????

Getting around more, open your eyes ... not only see what's happening in front of the backyard of your village.

Put it all into perspective.

Edited by RedPill

11 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Gee, Red. you are really into this subject. It seems most of the posts are yours. I occasionally go out with friends in the evening, but usually to eat and enjoy. I myself am not into the nightclub bar scene and don't drink much. I'm usually in bed about 10PM like most Thais and get up by 6AM. I really don't like waking up with a hangover so I watch myself.

???? Yes, I like that topic ... because that's what's happening around me. And then I see Farangs judging other Farangs, who say lived here for 20 years, but didn't spot any of what is really going on.

It's just a casual topic ... it's better then talking about the TM30 forever ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:

It seems most of the posts are yours.

Yes, at the end seems like it. Don't worry, I won't talk about it forever, it's just that the topic came up and I wanted to break it down into more detail.

Looks like we are through with it ????

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, Matzzon said:

Obsessed with sex? You do know that an obsession is something that almost always considered to fall under mental illness. 

What is normally called culture and what falls under that does not include the things you mentioned above. It includes the way people refer to each other, greetings and respect as well as the way of the daily life and what is considered beeing a good person in society. Alla the things included as different part of a culture, I am not going to enter. There are good and bad things everywhere, but we do not need this country accepting a constant import of sleezy dumbasses.

To ignore the part sex plays in Thai society is choosing to be blind to it.

Thailand is above all a religious country, and worshipping an elephant is indeed part of that religion, or perhaps you never noticed the elephant idols with people on their knees around them. Not just elephants, of course.

Who decides which tourists are sleezy dumbasses? The Thais are happy enough to let everyone in, sleezy or not. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To ignore the part sex plays in Thai society is choosing to be blind to it.

Thailand is above all a religious country, and worshipping an elephant is indeed part of that religion, or perhaps you never noticed the elephant idols with people on their knees around them. Not just elephants, of course.

Who decides which tourists are sleezy dumbasses? The Thais are happy enough to let everyone in, sleezy or not. 

Thanks for coming back to comment me. You´re actually one of my favorite time consumers. ???? 

You do not have to ignore it, as well as you do not have to worship sex instead of elefants.

Immigration appearently start to clean up the sleazy bunch fairly effective. I guess we just have to give´em a big hug and more donuts at the next visit.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

In my over 20 years in Thailand, I have always been amazed over how Thailand changes people.

Here it comes many so called expats and settle down. After that you see them out in the nightlife acting like they own the country, and later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country. What is it that makes this change? What makes a person remove themselfs from descent behaviour and moral values?

At the same time, the same bunch constantly complain about how hard it is to stay here and that the rules should be changed for them. They also feel like they are not welcome in Thailand and that they are hated by the Thai population.

How can they expect to be loved, when they live and behave like they own the country without any thoughts regarding what is considered right or wrong and have lost all recognition of a descent behaviour most of them had before they left their home country? How can they even ask for leaner rules and changes in the immigration law, when they are a part of the reason why the rules get stricter due to their behaviour that is not accepted anymore in this country?

I know many questions, but I am just curious to hear som of the input out there. I hope we can keep a descent discussion, without personal attacks and just refer to a specific part of the expat population in Thailand. No names mentioned or specific persons referred to.
Rather strange coming up with your findings and conclusions having lived in Thailand for 20 years. We all knew this after a couple of months. So I don't really know what your message is or what you want to hear. Maybe you should consult a experienced psychologist who can explain to you this shocking inmoral behaviour of these expats. They are choosing young ladies ! OMG, that is really strange and abnormal. Well, it is a free world. If you choose to retire in Thailand you can take a young or an old Lady. I opted for a young one. Because IMO the old ones are often worse, devioious and want even more money than younger ones. OK, never mind. Up to you. Make your choice. I guess you did already. So don't be too much of a moralist

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swedenlars said:

Rather strange coming up with your findings and conclusions having lived in Thailand for 20 years. We all knew this after a couple of months. So I don't really know what your message is or what you want to hear. Maybe you should consult a experienced psychologist who can explain to you this shocking inmoral behaviour of these expats. They are choosing young ladies ! OMG, that is really strange and abnormal. Well, it is a free world. If you choose to retire in Thailand you can take a young or an old Lady. I opted for a young one. Because IMO the old ones are often worse, devioious and want even more money than younger ones. OK, never mind. Up to you. Make your choice. I guess you did already. So don't be too much of a moralist

Your comment that "You opted for", just tells me everything about you. Thank you for presenting yourself.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Your comment that "You opted for", just tells me everything about you. Thank you for presenting yourself.

He he. You are most welcome. But thank you also for presenting yourself. It means obviously you took an old one. Its ok. As long you are happy with your old bag. Too bad you did not get it how it works in Asia. Age gap means nothing here for the society. But of course no money, no honey. So I dont know about you and I'm not even interested to know.

That is not true that an age gap means nothing here.  People will not say anything and it is more common because there are more poor females and poor families.  People also don’t say much about corruption and various other ways of getting money that they need or want.  That does not mean that they dream about living that way, or like it.

I don’t think you see wealthy families setting up their children with older men because the age gap means nothing??  They don’t do it at all.  

Funny too, isn’t Sweden one of the countries with the most income equality??  Yet Lars has to travel to Thailand and the PI to leverage his higher income to date women...so he can go backwards how many decades in time??

That is not true that an age gap means nothing here.  People will not say anything and it is more common because there are more poor females and poor families.  People also don’t say much about corruption and various other ways of getting money that they need or want.  That does not mean that they dream about living that way, or like it.

I don’t think you see wealthy families setting up their children with older men because the age gap means nothing??  They don’t do it at all.  
I hope we can close this discussion now. Kids of wealthy families marry somebody of another wealthy families in Asia. But again, age gap is not a problem here. It is for you maybe. Actually you should have stayed where you came from. No need to reply to this post. I wont read it. It is not worth to discuss it with such naive people like you and the other guy. <deleted>.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Have you gone to one of your parties with your 500 Thai friends and berated the guys there about their sleazy behavior having girlfriends and using whores behind their wifes back?

I think you should.    

53 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

He he. You are most welcome. But thank you also for presenting yourself. It means obviously you took an old one. Its ok. As long you are happy with your old bag. Too bad you did not get it how it works in Asia. Age gap means nothing here for the society. But of course no money, no honey. So I dont know about you and I'm not even interested to know.

Oh dear! That was really narrow minded.

Where does it obviously state that I took an old one? What I reacted on was you style and your man chauvinism that is shining through with statements like "You opted for" or that "I took an old one". I hope you are proud of yourself sitting up on a pillar and looking down on the female race that you have the right to "opt" for the ones your desire tells you.

I am well aware of that age gap don´t mean anything for the ones in the lower levels of the society, that you are well informed about I can hear. When you meet the real people that do not make their way from the farm field in north east to a tourist city for find a sponor, then there is a little bit more to the age factor. Actually you are not the one that just can "opt" for something, but you are probably not aware of that part of life. We just leave it with that.

Just hope that you are not showing too much of the ATM stamp for the young one you "opted" for.

About money, there has never been a problem and will never be. I found a fine, smart and friendly as well as loving companion in life that I work together with on a daily basis. But, what the heck. You didn´t want to know anyway. ???? 

Edited by Matzzon

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Have you gone to one of your parties with your 500 Thai friends and berated the guys there about their sleazy behavior having girlfriends and using whores behind their wifes back?

I think you should.    

Thanks for you kind advice, sir

33 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

I hope we can close this discussion now. Kids of wealthy families marry somebody of another wealthy families in Asia. But again, age gap is not a problem here. It is for you maybe. Actually you should have stayed where you came from. No need to reply to this post. I wont read it. It is not worth to discuss it with such naive people like you and the other guy. <deleted>.

Well this attitude on display is often why a man needs to marry a woman 30 years younger and luckily one who doesn’t speak his language ...easy to shut down and if all else fails just stop paying, right???

On 9/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, RedPill said:

Sunny, a simple example is having a beer in bar and playing 'connect four'  ... I've never seen this elsewhere ???? It all looks so fun & harmless.

The girl stays with you throughout your holiday if you want, it all feels like a love story incl. love sick drama's at the airport when going back home. 

I've never seen this i.e. in the red lights of Amsterdam, the Reeperbahn in Germany or with the hookers in Las Vegas.

That's the 'grey area' I was referring to. A prostitute kind of environment, but doesn't feel like it.

And that's the big difference why you see what happens to the Farang's when they enter Thailand.

Especially for the first time, I guess.

Yes they get a RGFE, ...its very good. And often  friendship, romance and love blossom. We agree.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, Tagged said:

They are slags and slappers with no sense of their value or self worth. I prefer bar girls. You know where you are with them. The irony is they , even though they are sex workers, are more decent than many western girls. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. They would do it in their own country, but it isn't possible, either because they ain't billionaires, or young women won't give them time of day.

Thais shouldn't complain. The amount of money put into the Thai economy by mongers since the 70s must amount to many billion baht, and many Thais continue to have better lives because a young Thai woman was able to marry an old farang man.

Don't look gift horses and all that.

I dunno. I was in the south of France not so long ago, and was pleasantly surprised how welcoming much younger and much more attractive ladies were towards me. Hang about in an English city centre on the weekend, and it's Grotbags, Waynetta, Sharon and Tracey, wobbling around the roads shouting in microscopic lingerie: not a pretty sight.

I've only ever seen one farang overtly mucking about with prostitutes, and that was many many years ago next to Buriram railway station. Myself, I was a nipper and staying in the grotty "hotel" that they hung outside, and naively asking them what they did and why they did it. Suddenly I saw a 60+ European scurrying past with a large curly white moustache, and I don't think it was santa.

The one and only time I ventured to Pattaya (invited there by a lady who seemed quite normal-ish), all I remember was a mixture of men from somewhere between the mediterranean and the bay of bengal bungling around in that way they do, and a few scrawny wisened effeminate English-looking blokes with similarly scrawny wisend effeminate Thai-looking birds alongside them. It all seemed a bit "Blackpool" to me.

If you go round the other countries in East Asia, they're not all that great really. You'll find fit birds in every capital, and some of them might even talk to you, but as for somewhere of sustained interest, I think Japan is still the winner. The Catalan/French/Italian Riviera's still pretty good too... Thailand has just been a bit better value, but that seems to be changing... Kyushu isn't so pricey now; and in some parts of Italy they're giving away rustic homes for 1 Euro.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:51 PM, Matzzon said:

later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country. What is it that makes this change? What makes a person remove themselfs from descent behaviour and moral values?

At the same time, the same bunch constantly complain about how hard it is to stay here and that the rules should be changed for them.

Perhaps because that "decent" behaviour isn't that decent, it's boring and repressive, and you just want to have some simple fun before you die?

Most of the complaints seem reasonable, the visa rules applied to non-Thais here don't mirror the visa rules applies to Thais in the countries of those non-Thais usually. The definition of fair rules would be ones that more or less mirror each other between countries.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:02 AM, brokenbone said:

its cheaper here, prostitutes are cheaper

as a function of population percentage

willing to prostitute them self, and

generally lower wages, that dampens the asking price.

you could say a functioning market economy

...also better looking and slimmer with better skin, and anyway, who would really want to have a Balinese villa with infinity pool in Blackpool?

The girl in my local KFC is 5'8 at least, slim, pretty, with smooth brown skin, and smiles a lot when she works. Not what I experienced in KFCs in the West.
Frankly I think she deserves a pay rise, and if she asked me to, I'd give her one.

• Like 1