ED visa question.

I have a new passport with just one tourist visa and i want to apply for ED visa.The question is what are the chances that i will be rejected ED visa  considering i had that tourist visa already and to what consulates is it better to go in such circumstances? Also I'm thinking of not doing 30 day extension and leaving Thailand  in less then 60 days,what do you guys think,might this help?

38 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

You should have no problem but from another thread it seems there is a blacklist of certain language schools ( so far we only know pro language school is on that list and 11 more). If your school is on that list your application will be denied.

A list? Yes, it might be true. One thing, though. If you only know the name of one blacklisted school, how can you know there is 11 more?

39 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Ok, as I say it might be true. Still hear say, though. As a school it would look very bad to explain that they were the only ones on the list, so they might just come up with a number to make people think there are many more, and that they get wrongly handled by embassies and immigration. Nobody knows at this point.

ubonjoe,

with all due respect, you write a lot of good stuff here and help a lot of people including me. Thank you for that. But please think about that ED visa again. So many people got recently denied ED visas - so when you say it should not be a problem, I am getting a bit confused.

A blacklist might be a rumor or might be there in reality. I used ProLanguage too when I was denied.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cerox said:

ubonjoe,

with all due respect, you write a lot of good stuff here and help a lot of people including me. Thank you for that. But please think about that ED visa again. So many people got recently denied ED visas - so when you say it should not be a problem, I am getting a bit confused.

A blacklist might be a rumor or might be there in reality. I used ProLanguage too when I was denied.

'should not be a problem' , although no one can give you any guarantees about receiving one

What I read in the linked thread above with the blacklist makes sense, if it is true.

I also had only 1 ED visa in my passport and was denied. So apart from all the speculation the blacklist might be the reason.

I guess this combat school from CNX is on that list too, as lots of them were denied in June, when Vientiane started getting "serious".

11 minutes ago, cerox said:

ubonjoe,

cerox,Is your school not on the blacklist?Did you have any tourist or ed visas before in the passport?Also where was it denied?

6 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Ed visa can be good or bad, but mostly seem to be used to extend time in Thailand with no serious study. My advice would be to get into a Thai University program that has a weekly attendance and performance standard. Show the consulate it will require 4-6 hours per day and you might be able to convince them you are a serious student.

my advice would be NOT to use the ED visa as a means to stay long term in Thailand , as the clampdown is underway