Seeking favours, Trump asked Ukraine president to investigate Biden

webfact

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

My understanding of this latest smear and muck-fling against Trump might be limited, but from what I can gather. Biden's son is gifted a plummy job working for a Ukrainian company paying an insanely high salary. The company he works for gets investigated for dodgy activities. Biden sr as US vice President threatens witholding a 1 Billion dollar loan guarantee to the Ukraine until the prosecutor in the case is removed. And now we are somehow bashing Trump for this!?! 

This is just another spectacular own goal, unless I am really missing something?

It's interesting, because depending on which websites you go to, you get different interpretations. The right going one way, and the left the other. The left leaning say that the prosecutor had been a target for removal from western nations and within the Ukraine for quite some time. That Biden did nothing wrong. One can't ignore that his son Hunter was involved however, and this certainly looks like a conflict of interest. The truth is that politicians on both sides will be manipulating the 'facts' to serve their agenda. Biden's actions certainly look dirty to me, but at the same time Trump shouldn't have then kind of done the same thing with his phone calls and holding funding. So how would you like your crooked politician, poached or scrambled?

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Who do Biden's actions look dirty? He was carrying out US policy? Which agreed with EU policy and most liberal democracies. What's more the prosecutor wasn't even investigating Burisma, the company Hunter Biden worked for. Much less investigating Hunter Biden.

As I said, depends what you read. To me, Biden's actions, the resulting, firing, and of course the timing of everything, looks very suspicious, regardless of what might end of in the press. At the same time, Trump's actions are dodgy as too. Read the other reply to my comment, that takes the opposite angle to you. There in lies one of the biggest problems in US politics today.

18 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The fact IS he sold his 'equity company' for $3m and the prosecutor investigated and Biden visited and he got fired. When public prosecutors get fired one should be very concerned. What experience did Daddy's son have in Ukraine?  speaks the language maybe? any other connection, besides his Dad?  don't think so. 

Not disagreeing. But also stating that I think Trump is dodgy too. Two wrongs don't make a right so to speak. And you'll find people in this forum who take both sides.... the problem as I see it, not enough people in the middle.

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh it's just coincidence that Hunter sold his company to a Ukrainian company? right... right...  what if Trumps son had sold a company to a Russian company you think that's ok?  pure hypocrisy 

That isn't the point. There would only be an issue if there as any evidence that Biden had personally taken action to further that purchase. There isn't any. Nothing. Nada. 0

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

IMO not much in the transcript, far from enough for an impeachment.

But still wondering about the IG complaint deemed 'credible and urgent' and the WH stonewalling, so I have the feeling there is more to it than has been released at the moment.

Except for -as I understand it- it is not a transcript, but merely a summary!

Certain parts are missing from the conversation and some political pundits in the US think, even what is left in there, is damning enough!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Except for -as I understand it- it is not a transcript, but merely a summary!

Certain parts are missing from the conversation and some political pundits in the US think, even what is left in there, is damning enough!

And of course you have a reference to support this statement, or is it just an opinion? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

So you think it’s ok for a united states president to extort a country fearing dare I say experiencing a foreign invasion by a hostile foreign power that interfered in our election for help against a political foe?thats text book corruption no I think it’s your Donald that will be cellmates with his campaign manager lol

Apparently your reading skills need a little improvement, where in my post did I make any such statement or imply any acceptance of corruption on any level?

Are you actually misrepresenting my post and lying about what I said? You have once again disgraced yourself with yet another untrue post, if you had  any decency at all you would  be ashamed of yourself but I doubt you have the moral substance to even realize how despicable your post is and how bad your tactics are.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

"trump" is calling this another hoax. How stupid does he think Americans are? I can understand trying to defend what he did as anyone accused deserves that but we already know he did it. In fact he has admitted it.

Of course he won't lose his hard core base no matter what so the hoax thing is for their benefit. He's betting they are that stupid and indeed revel in his gross lawlessness.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Either overlooked or ignored is the fact that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy announced at a conference that the United States had released $250 million in military aid – with an additional $140 million on top of that sum. http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/support-ukraine-extra-140-million-draws-scrutiny

NBC News’ Chuck Todd asked Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin where the extra $140 million came from. From the transcript:

• MNUCHIN: Well, it was appropriated money that came through the State Department.
  • TODD: [Ukrainians] didn’t know they were getting this money. Is there any indication why they got the money when they did?
  • MNUCHIN: I’m not sure it’s correct for you to say they didn’t know they got the money. –
  • TODD: The president said he was surprised to get it. The president of Ukraine said he was surprised to get an additional $140 million. He said it was a pleasant surprise but that he was surprised.
  • MNUCHIN: I think he was referring to his expectations, as opposed to necessarily a surprise. But you’re getting into details.

"When you are waiting for $250m have the possibility to get $390m, I like this sort of relationship,” said Mr Zelensky.  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-ukraine-joe-biden-military-aid-zelensky-kiev-a9111106.html

Might Trump have thought that he was able to get Zelensky's cooperation to investigate the Bidens and decided to kick in a little "hush" money? Being outside of the congressional approved funding for Ukraine it was essentially unaccountable or treated as part of an unofficial  slush fund. Remember that Trump and Pompeo had been slashing the State Department funding up to 30% - but now it has $140 million to spare? Thankfully, Zelensky disclosed the additional $140 million so if Trump was intended it as hush money - that didn't work.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Apparently your reading skills need a little improvement, where in my post did I make any such statement or imply any acceptance of corruption on any level?

Are you actually misrepresenting my post and lying about what I said? You have once again disgraced yourself with yet another untrue post, if you had  any decency at all you would  be ashamed of yourself but I doubt you have the moral substance to even realize how despicable your post is and how bad your tactics are.

Oh my reading is fine lol and I have a wonderfull 35 year marriage with a beautiful family I’ve worked hard all my life and never been a drag on anybody sleep real good cause I have good morals so nope no shame whatsoever lol sorry your boys in trouble lol

• Sad 1