Big C Cash-back day

corkman

Hi All,

Sometimes when I go to Big C, they give 100 baht or 150 baht back for each 1000 baht spent, or something like. So I split the cart, and use the coupon from the first half of the cart to get cash back on the second part, and so on.

Question is - how do I know what day to go? I find it difficult to navigate the Big C website. So is there a particular day or pattern to which days they give this special offer? 

If spending 4000-5000 baht, the discounts easily cover the taxi and a swensens ice cream ????

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Malt25,

Sadly, "go to the counter and ask" the answer will be "no hab" - or - "farang cannot" - or - something that basically means "I don't speak much English and can;t be bothered finding out for you". Case in point, last Saturday I "split the cart" because the offer was on - the girl was unwilling to play ball, so I said "no ploplem, just pay 900 baht and I not want any more"..... and suddenly, when faced with the difficulty of returning the 2 dozen items left on the conveyor belt, she was cooperative. Terribly frustrating. But to be fair, the cashiers are usually very helpful ????

Hi All,

Sometimes when I go to Big C, they give 100 baht or 150 baht back for each 1000 baht spent, or something like. So I split the cart, and use the coupon from the first half of the cart to get cash back on the second part, and so on.

Question is - how do I know what day to go? I find it difficult to navigate the Big C website. So is there a particular day or pattern to which days they give this special offer? 

If spending 4000-5000 baht, the discounts easily cover the taxi and a swensens ice cream [emoji846]

Thanks
The only pattern I can see is that they have the promotion around payday. I think it is to attract customers away from Lotus (but they also have promotions).
It's nice money to save, but you must use the coupon within 2 days.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, petedk said:

The only pattern I can see is that they have the promotion around payday. I think it is to attract customers away from Lotus (but they also have promotions).
It's nice money to save, but you must use the coupon within 2 days.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks Petedk,

That makes sense. I was there on Saturday, which followed the last Friday of the month (pay day for many).