Giuliani says Trump did not pay for his globetrotting push for Biden probe

webfact

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

There are documents released that include the statements from the prosecutor who was fired on Biden's demand that he was indeed investigating Burisma. Official transcripts in his own words. Here is a link to Tim Pool's take on it. He shows the documents. Of course you won't watch it.

Got to wonder about Trump supporters' inability to make a point without resorting to questionable sources, commentators and authors.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Nobody pays my expenses,"

In one TV interview he stated that some of his work related to his Ukraine "mission" was "pro bono."

From the perspective of U.S. Federal Election Campaign laws, that's irrelevant if something of value was being provided to the Trump 2020 election campaign committee. I'm sure Giuliani's time alone is worth $1,000/hr.

As such, not only would Giuliani have violated FEC laws, Trump's election campaign committee would have as well.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

It is kind of sad to see the decline of Rudy. I am old enough to remember back in the 80's when he was a kick-ass prosecutor tossing mob figures into the Big House.

Sadly Rudy's decline may have started decades ago....

"The government subsequently nailed Hopkins' mortgage broker, Frank LaMagra, on an unrelated charge and he offered to give up Donald, claiming Trump "participated" in the money-laundering — and volunteering to wear a wire on him....Instead, Lombardi, who discussed the case with Giuliani personally (and with me for a 1993 Village Voice piece called "The Case of the Missing Case"), went straight to Donald for two hour-long interviews with him. Within weeks of the interviews, Donald announced he'd raise $2 million in a half hour if Rudy ran for mayor. Lamagra got no deal and was convicted, as was his mob associate, Louis (Louie HaHa) Attanasio, who was later also nailed for seven underworld murders. Hopkins was convicted of running his gambling operation partly out of the Trump Tower apartment, where he was arrested."

From "Peas in a Pod: The long and twisted relationship between Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani" by Wayne Barrett, NY Daily News

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/wayne-barrett-donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-peas-pod-article-1.2776357

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

That's not what the fired prosecutor says. He says he refused to stop investigating Burisma.

You want to agree with a prosecutor who was fired for corruption?

And just how did his firing help biden? Considering that after he was fired the imvestigation was re opened.

• Thanks 1

And to think that Rambling Rudy used to be a highly respected man. What has become of this fool? Is he insane, unhinged, or just suffering from a degenerative disease of some sort? The more he talks, the deeper the hole he is creating for both him and his boss. He was virtually exiled for months, as they realized how damaging he was to the president. Why on earth did they allow him to resurface? Bad, bad decision. Now he says it was not about politics. What? The meeting was not about politics? I think the "truth is not truth" guy has completely lost the plot, honor means nothing to him, and he will say or do anything at this stage of his now sorry career. He is an absolute clown. 
Rudy is clearly set up as a fall guy, with guaranteed pardon of course. Others will be thrown under the bus, Pence, maybe even Pompeio. I won't shed a tear about any of them, that's the consequence of doing Trump's biding.

Sadly Mitch will survive the whole affair, whatever the outcome.

Sent from my BG2-U03 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

A classic case of MRDA if ever there was one.

Which MRDA?

MRDA Men's Roller Derby Association (formerly Men's Derby Coalition; est. 2007)
MRDA Mitsubishi Research and Design of America
MRDA Moldovan Research and Development Association
MRDA Meeting Recorder Dialog Act
MRDA Mandy Rice-Davies Applies
MRDA Mundri Relief and Development Association
MRDA Missouri Rental Dealers Association
MRDA Mineral Resources Development Act (Tasmania, Australia)
MRDA Media Research Directors Association
MRDA Maine Rural Development Authority
MRDA Military Recommended Dietary Allowance
MRDA Multi Resolution Data Access
MRDA Maple Road Development Association
MRDA Missouri Round Dance Association
MRDA Manitoba Riding for the Disabled Association, Inc. (Canada)
MRDA Mental Retardation Diagnostic Assessment
MRDA Mercy Relief and Development Asia
MRDA Ministry Reporting Database Application
MRDA Mitsubishi Research and Design America, Inc.
MRDA Manager Radiological Dose Assessment
MRDA Mission Requirements Definition and Analysis
MRDA Mission Requirements and Definition Analysis
MRDA Minerals Regulation and Development Act
MRDA Multi-Resonant Dipole Antenna
MRDA Minimum Recommended Daily Allowance
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Which MRDA?

MRDA Men's Roller Derby Association (formerly Men's Derby Coalition; est. 2007)
MRDA Mitsubishi Research and Design of America
MRDA Moldovan Research and Development Association
MRDA Meeting Recorder Dialog Act
MRDA Mandy Rice-Davies Applies
MRDA Mundri Relief and Development Association
MRDA Missouri Rental Dealers Association
MRDA Mineral Resources Development Act (Tasmania, Australia)
MRDA Media Research Directors Association
MRDA Maine Rural Development Authority
MRDA Military Recommended Dietary Allowance
MRDA Multi Resolution Data Access
MRDA Maple Road Development Association
MRDA Missouri Round Dance Association
MRDA Manitoba Riding for the Disabled Association, Inc. (Canada)
MRDA Mental Retardation Diagnostic Assessment
MRDA Mercy Relief and Development Asia
MRDA Ministry Reporting Database Application
MRDA Mitsubishi Research and Design America, Inc.
MRDA Manager Radiological Dose Assessment
MRDA Mission Requirements Definition and Analysis
MRDA Mission Requirements and Definition Analysis
MRDA Minerals Regulation and Development Act
MRDA Multi-Resonant Dipole Antenna
MRDA Minimum Recommended Daily Allowance

Not smart enough to narrow it down?

Not smart enough to think of using Google?

ok then, as you need some special help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRDA_(slang)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not at all surprised Trump didn’t pay Giuliani, not paying is a habit of his.

He didn’t pay Cohen either, but that didn’t keep Cohen out of the slammer.

What difference does it make who paid for the taxi ride my minion took to do my bidding ?

This is all for the consumption of the base , The only reason republicans still support this fraud is fear of the base, If the base starts eroding , trump and giuliani are tost. 

Edited by sirineou
typo

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

That's not what the fired prosecutor says. He says he refused to stop investigating Burisma.

The (very good, lol) fired prosecutor is a crook who was not fighting corruption!

Ukraine's former Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin has categorically rejected claims by Donald Trump concerning Mr Trump's Democratic rival Joe Biden.

"Mr Klimkin told the BBC that the prosecutor was sacked for corruption. A number of Western bodies, including the EU, had pushed for the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to be sacked, he said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49856788

Actually, the case against Burisma had been closed in 2012.

But it said the period under investigation was 2010-2012, and noted that this was before the company hired Hunter Biden.

“Changes to the board of Burisma Limited, which are currently the object of international attention, took place only in May 2014, and therefore are not and never were the subject of (the anti-corruption bureau’s) investigation,” the bureau’s statement said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-ukraine-buris/ukraine-agency-says-allegations-against-burisma-cover-period-before-biden-joined-idUSKBN1WC1LV

Edited by candide

Reuters got this info off the AP wire and it's wrong in it's second para when it says "unsubstantiated" when it speaks of Biden influencing the Ukraine government! The proof came out of Joe's mouth in a television interview, he boasted about it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

The (very good, lol) fired prosecutor is a crook who was not fighting corruption!

Ukraine's former Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin has categorically rejected claims by Donald Trump concerning Mr Trump's Democratic rival Joe Biden.

"Mr Klimkin told the BBC that the prosecutor was sacked for corruption. A number of Western bodies, including the EU, had pushed for the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to be sacked, he said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49856788

Actually, the case against Burisma had been closed in 2012.

But it said the period under investigation was 2010-2012, and noted that this was before the company hired Hunter Biden.

“Changes to the board of Burisma Limited, which are currently the object of international attention, took place only in May 2014, and therefore are not and never were the subject of (the anti-corruption bureau’s) investigation,” the bureau’s statement said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-ukraine-buris/ukraine-agency-says-allegations-against-burisma-cover-period-before-biden-joined-idUSKBN1WC1LV

Then why did Joe say what he said in the interview?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TPI said:

Then why did Joe say what he said in the interview?

Why dont you comment on topic.

If there is an issue with biden then its the responsibility of US authorities to investigate.

This is about trump asking a foregn govt to investigate. An act that is illegal.

If biden did anything wrong it is irrelevant to what trump did.

Deflect away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Trump is going to be impeached (there is a Dem majority in the house), and one of the primary reasons is going to be Rudy.

It is kind of sad to see the decline of Rudy. I am old enough to remember back in the 80's when he was a kick-ass prosecutor tossing mob figures into the Big House. I am old enough to remember the truly superb job that he did as Mayor of NY around 9/11. These days, I see him on TV and think to myself "There is an old, demented vampire who inexplicably and improbably got lost in the booze". 

An open question: how many of you would be happy and confident if Rudy was your lawyer? Anyone? I would not.

it bears thinking about...

Rudy is not a nice person.