Court of Justice to investigate Yala judge who shot himself

rooster59

By THE NATION

800_afed7882e06b24c.png

The Office of the Judiciary announced on Friday October 4, that the court will investigate a judge of Yala province court who allegedly tried to commit suicide in his court room.

Khanakorn Pianchana, a senior judge at the Yala provincial court, pulled out a pistol and shot himself at the end of a hearing on Friday afternoon, officials said. He was rushed to hospital where he underwent surgery for injuries said not to be life-threatening.

The Office of the Judiciary also reported that the judge is now in safe condition. A preliminary enquiry revealed that personal stress was the reason behind Khanakorn’s suicide attempt but the court will investigate further.

The announcement concluded with a statement that Judiciary executives were deeply concerned about the incident and are monitoring the judge’s condition closely.

Meanwhile, Future Forward Party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul declared on Friday he did not believe the suicide attempt stemmed from stress, citing a 25-page statement that Khanakorn purportedly posted on Facebook on Friday before he shot himself.

The document states the case Kanakorn was hearing concerned national security and was related to secret associations, conspiracy and gun-law offences. The document allegedly described disagreements among senior judges over the ruling and Khanakorn’s reported decision to acquit all five defendants.

Piyabutr said Khanakorn had been sending him information since early September, asking him to help make it the public. “The priority now is to keep him safe from any harm, and I will do what he asked me to do – make this case public.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377102

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-06

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

“The priority now is to keep him safe from any harm, and I will do what he asked me to do – make this case public.”

This may get very interesting if it doesn't get buried.

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

pulled out a pistol and shot himself

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

and gun-law offences

I sense something ironic here.

Get well judge and go get them (hopefully, they won't get you first).

• Like 1

Strange story whereby the unknown is probably fare greater what meets the eye, and so many questions as well, is this the judicial system in thailand where judges are forced to rule against the finding and the truth? and that the only way to protests such pressure is for a judge to harm himself? is it only in the south and only when it comes to minorities or is it all practiced all over this country? and many more questions that i don't think anyone can really answer...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't know a lot about guns but I think there is an awful lot of Thais that try to kill themselves with them from point blank range fail

maybe they are just very poor shots, reminds me of the joke about the man that was that bad he shot an arrow into the air and missed

Edited by seajae

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Strange story whereby the unknown is probably fare greater what meets the eye, and so many questions as well, is this the judicial system in thailand where judges are forced to rule against the finding and the truth? and that the only way to protests such pressure is for a judge to harm himself? is it only in the south and only when it comes to minorities or is it all practiced all over this country? and many more questions that i don't think anyone can really answer...

Sadly... Yes, Yes, No/Yes

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The judiciary to investigate the judiciary. Just in case some civil security barriers need to be erected, the cone of silence put in place and the carpet lifted for incriminating evidence to be swept under.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I don't know a lot about guns but I think there is an awful lot of Thais that try to kill themselves with them from point blank range fail

Only because they haven't yet worked out a way to fail from long range.