Best Way to Transfer funds to the US

ladyinthai

Hello.  I will be moving back to the States and am looking for recommendations on the best way to transfer funds from Thailand to the US.  I currently have a BKK Bank account.  Are ACH transfers still possible via BKK Bank in New York?

Edited by ladyinthai

2 hours ago, ladyinthai said:

Are ACH transfers still possible via BKK Bank in New York?

If your sending money INTO Thailand yes in many cases via BKB New York is still fine.

But your title said transfer to  the USA

You cannot use BKB NY for that they are just an intermediary bank to move money to BKB Thailand not the other way

But if you want to transfer from BKB in Thailand to any USA bank it is quite easy & costs about 1100 baht (edit: Ooops I see Puchaiyank just gave the correct price 1150 baht)

Anything under 50K USD will not be questioned as to where the money originated etc.

Edited by meechai

I saved 150 THB buy paying the 400 fee at bbl, then fidelity charged me 20 usd... would have paid 750 extra to save 600....1150 covers fees at the other end.  

The lady at the Thapae Rd. branch of bbl is quite competent and will tell you what you can and can't do, and how long it will take. Sitting at the desk on the left, as you enter from the front. They <deleted> up one of mine at the sainted KSK branch.. but interest rates are much lower now, so there is far less incentive for them to try and sit on your money for a few days. 

Edited by moontang