Non O M at SUV today.

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, that´s right. That is also what I try to state all the time. You have the right visa and a valid reson to stay full time in the country, you will have no problem and get served with respect.

Welcome back, Sir! ???? 

So I am guessing, judging by your response, that you also use a multiple entry non O.

The usage of the multi non O this way is still tolerated, but this visa has been invented for short visits to wife, as we all know. To stay with the wife, it's called "extension of stay".

They are just limiting the usage at Consular level, (i.e. London and others stopped issuing it as a multi), instead of doing it at border level, and rejecting people.

Reason London was instructed to take it off the menu is because of "abuse". People trying to live in Thailand with visa runs.

Some land borders such as Poipet would hassle people for this.

Edited by lkv

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

So I am guessing, judging by your response, that you also use a multiple entry non O.

Your guess is wrong. At the moment I am on an extension. Call it marriage or my two children. I give all my info to my IO.

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

The usage of the multi non O this way is still tolerated, but this visa has been invented for short visits to wife, as we all know. To stay with the wife, it's called "extension of stay".

A Non-O SE have never been invented for use as a short visit for wife. That you would use an exempt entry and a 60 day extension for, which would also bring it up to 90 days.

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

They are just limiting the usage at Consular level, (i.e. London and others stopped issuing it as a multi), instead of doing it at border level, and rejecting people.

UK is in a state of themself. Totally incoherent to the rest of the world. Probaly because of Brexit. ????

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

Some land borders such as Poipet would hassle people for this.

Yeah, but Poi Pet sucks big time!

18 minutes ago, lkv said:

but this visa has been invented for short visits to wife, as we all know. To stay with the wife, it's called "extension of stay".

Link to any official document that states this is the case.

The website at HCMC actually says Non-0 is a VISA to stay with wife or family.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You have the right visa and a valid reson to stay full time in the country

I do of course not know OP's circumstances, maybe he often visits Thailand and the non-o multiple is the right visa in OPs case.

But to stay full time in the country a non-o ME is not the "right" visa, and my guess is that the next "crackdown" will happen on this type of visa.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Your guess is wrong. At the moment I am on an extension. Call it marriage or my two children. I give all my info to my IO.

A Non-O SE have never been invented for use as a short visit for wife. That you would use an exempt entry and a 60 day extension for, which would also bring it up to 90 days.

UK is in a state of themself. Totally incoherent to the rest of the world. Probaly because of Brexit. ????

Yeah, but Poi Pet sucks big time!

Maybe I am wrong yeah.

You just seemed very happy to find out people are still entering ok on a multi non O at BKK.

But to quote what you said:

"You have the right visa and a valid reson to stay full time in the country", I agree with the first part, but disagree with the second part, since the permission of stay of the visa mentioned (regardless of it being single or multiple), is 90 days.

Brexit is not connected to this, particular Embassies do not make these decisions by themselves, they receive orders from Krung Thep (to sound a bit Thai).

And Poipet, they wont't hassle people on extensions of stay. They only hassle visa runners.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Link to any official document that states this is the case.

Permission of stay 90 days.

That's not full time, is it? Like a "12 month extension".

Edited by lkv

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

Permission of stay 90 days.

That's not full time, is it?

90 days, as many times as you like.

Your 1 year extension, you still need to report to immigration every 90 days.

Not to mention 1 year isn't full time either.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

90 days, as many times as you like.

Yep, just like METV.

As many times as I like.

I like 9 months of tourism.

But they no like.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Sounds like your getting the message!

I got it in March when I left. (Actually before that, but i stretched it).

Since then, I have transited for short periods. For free. No more visa cost.

Not worth the stress, hassle, and multiple other factors, at my age (under 40), and no ties.

They were always "doing me a favour" on "exploded prices", i.e. 15 US dollars a cocktail. And bad attitude.

Not what I signed up for years ago. Back then, i signed up for hassle free LoS.

Edited by lkv
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I do of course not know OP's circumstances, maybe he often visits Thailand and the non-o multiple is the right visa in OPs case.

But to stay full time in the country a non-o ME is not the "right" visa, and my guess is that the next "crackdown" will happen on this type of visa.

Yes , they are cracking down on all types of visa. People living here full time on ' extensions  ' will probably be the next targets along with visa runners.

As the very word implies ,

' extension ' is clearly a temporary fix . Non immigrant visa of any type are not supposed to be living here full time.

Under the current government there will probably be a complete overhaul and border hopping and

' extensions  ' will be scrapped in favour of some new long term visa that will require much heavier financial outlay than is currently the case.

This government keeps tightening the requirements and when people leave as a result those remaining have to make up the slack in lost revenue.

Economics Thai style. When people no longer come as tourists or stay long time they put prices up to cover the loss. Crazy , but that is the current mindset.

• Haha 1