Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

webfact

46 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i know what i am going to say is a stereotypical comment about Indian people, but I saw it with my own eyes. I could not believe how they were grinding the massage ladies on price in Pattaya. I stood there and watched for a while outside a large shop. The one lady was holding her ground but it was brutal. 

They just can't help themselves , to haggle is second nature for them. The only solution is to charge them double and let them haggle down to the correct price. They are happy then.

I was doing a car boot sale in the UK once. The people selling next to me included an 8 year old boy trying to off load a few of his toys that he had grown out off. An Indian guy with his son came up. His son took a fancy to a small dinky car.

" How much ? "

" 10 pence "

" I give you 5 "

Bloke pocketed the car , threw down 5 pence piece and strolled of leaving the 8 year old visibly confused at such brazen behavior.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Yinn you should know there are Indian families on vacation in Pattaya. Normal people just like me. :clap2:  

Lovely

The are not rude, it is just a really hardcore business negotiation they just really want the lowest price on everything. 

Same Yinn.

I have learned a lot about how far a street vender will lower their price by just watching.

Good experience 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism in Pattaya is much worse than even the pessimists were saying. 

No, lots of people have been telling the truth, but that is the last thing TAT & media want to hear, and can never report. They've spun themselves into a self made pit.

Perhaps they can talk to Immigration/ BIB and all those nasty overstayers they are swooping on, can be incarcerated in a Pattaya hotels as part of their fine.?!

Patatay as hub of detention centers. That's a win win.  :thumbsup:

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

can someone explain....india is currently experiecing its worst economic slump since 2008, thus how does that correspond to rising indian tourism and spending thb 10k a day.

wbr

roobaa01

Because Thailand is so special, it's the Number 1 country in the world!

• Haha 2