Buying A Car at The Moto Expo

Macnick

I'm planning to go to the current Bangkok Moto Expo to purchase a new car, probably the Ford Everest 2.0 Bi-Turbo Titanium 4x4.

From peoples past experience of these shows is it good to buy here? Pros and cons?

Lot's of freebies, discounts, waiting times etc..

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mac

Goto test drive at a dealer first. See what they can offer. Then compare it to what is offered at the show. I think it's important to have a proper test drive. I think you can do it at the show, but in a small area (near the lake). 

• Like 1

Many other ways of enticement. Mitsubishi had demo models on display at a shopping plaza. The deal was pay 500 baht on the spot, you get a receipt and its good for life not a month etc and you can pick from any new vehicles and get 100,000 baht of the price. I challenged its longevity and other vehicles as  the SUV was about to be updated with new model; but if you wanted the old model another huge discount.

We bought a car last Saturday. You can get some good deals at the moment for sure.

We got a very good saving off the normal price for the one we really wanted; and lots of extras plus a last minute extra cash discount etc etc. 

Be prepared to spend time talking.

The shape of the deal will depend on the make and model of the car you want. Sorry, no experience of Ford Everest. My neighbor bought one a few weeks ago, top of the range, got a great deal. Good price, loads of extras. So you could probably aim high!

54 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

A test drive here in Thailand is pointless, all they let you do is drive around the block, literally! It's better to check the many reviews on YouTube or wait until you are back in your home country to bag a decent test drive..

The best you can do is get the model you are looking at at a car rental (if available) for a week or more. This may look expensive at the first glance, but it can spare you a disappointment. I did it when I was looking at Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Avanza. The Toyota made it.