Thai opposition leader asks supporters to mobilise in Bangkok on Saturday

webfact

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well good for you ….  don't forget to write  !

???????????? see yah-enjoy the polluted dictatorship failing in all possible ways-nothing wrong going with the lowest common denominator ???? if you have to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well good for you ….  don't forget to write  !

Hi Steven100 I was wondering if this story would lure you back into the fold I trust you've been well?Just for the record I won't be going and where and would gladly stand in front of Prayuth's gun and give him the middle finger being the larrikin I am.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"....Thailand in to a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country"

Honestly what exactly do you mean by this................how are Thai's being oppressed exactly?

How would things would dramatically improve with a new government?

Maybe its a case of grass is greener.......but day to day life for the majority of thai's is not going to change just because of a new government

Lets look at the USA "a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country"........................Such a great country isn't it which has started the countless WARS in the past century and caused hundreds of thousands of deaths of civilians.................tortured prisoners..................only country to drop an atomic bomb innocent civilians killing 100,000+ .etc etc

----So please tell me why you think a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country ======= better than the government that Thailand has at the moment? Because it certainly doesn't

How many wars has thailand started against other nations in the past century..............0........?

Edited by hydraides
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, hydraides said:

"....Thailand in to a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country"

Honestly what exactly do you mean by this................how are Thai's being oppressed exactly?

How would things would dramatically improve with a new government?

Maybe its a case of grass is greener.......but day to day life for the majority of thai's is not going to change just because of a new government

Lets look at the USA "a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country"........................Such a great country isn't it which has started the countless WARS in the past century and caused hundreds of thousands of deaths of civilians.................tortured prisoners..................only country to drop an atomic bomb innocent civilians killing 100,000+ .etc etc

----So please tell me why you think a fully democratic and progressive, free thinking country ======= better than the government that Thailand has at the moment? Because it certainly doesn't

How many wars has thailand started against other nations in the past century..............0........?

Food for thought.

Moral of the story, no country in history has the moral high ground to teach lessons to another country.

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Literally for years I have been saying that it will take more than a handful of thousands on the streets to restore democracy. I keep banging on (to the point of boredom, I know!) about Thailand's having a population of 70 MILLION. There is strength in numbers.

Earlier this year I met a Thai professor (who fled abroad from his beloved coubtry), he spoke to me about the theory of 'ant overthrow elephants'. One single any won't be able to topple an elephant,  but if millions of ants crawl all over and into the beast, they can bring it down. 

I share his hope but I hope it can be done without yet an other bloodshed. Or perhaps (sadly) a bloodshed would finally trigger all the other ants to bring down the beast. Obviously loss of lives would pain me greatly.

• Like 2