UK Pensions and related info

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

Please tell me how you know what went on in a PM between two other members?

Obviously, someone forwarded the PM by PM to another member.

As long as the PM or it's content isn't posted on the open forum, it isn't in breach of the rules.

20) You will not post any member's personal information including emails, personal messages, photos or web site details. Contact information is permitted in the Job's section, but for the privacy and security of our members, we strongly urge the use of the PM function rather the posting of personal contact information.

However I would expect a PM to be treated as confidential and not shared with other third parties without previous consent. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stouricks said:

Please tell me how you know what went on in a PM between two other members?

I think you are referring to a PM i was party to that was obviously shared with the idiot third party. The following confirms my belief, i then posted the whole PM to illustrate i knew exactly the process, there was nothing personal to warrant not posting the PM.

Idiot BM.PNG

• 1 month later...

A note for you diaries, the UK November Financial update is on 25th November, it will be interesting to see what Rishi has to say especially about allowances as we did not get one this year and whether he is going to fiddle with pension triple lock situation.

I dont see much good news coming as sooner or later the cost of this virus is going to have to paid back.

14 hours ago, nong38 said:

A note for you diaries, the UK November Financial update is on 25th November, it will be interesting to see what Rishi has to say especially about allowances as we did not get one this year and whether he is going to fiddle with pension triple lock situation.

I dont see much good news coming as sooner or later the cost of this virus is going to have to paid back.

No good news I would expect, unless he kicks the can down the road for a while yet due to the continuing SARs2 persistence.

Sept CPI 0.5% (CPIH 0.7%), RPI 1.1%, So that has set the scene for my pension increases for 2021!  (But I still feel lucky compared with the folk economically devastated by the COVID, I was going to get back to work, to max out my state pension, not currently very practical ???? )

The triple lock may hang on for the April 2021 increase on the state pension, but I think it will be dead duck after that. It will be gone by the time I get the State Pension.

The Triple lock was to fix things after it lagging behind average earnings for years. I would anticipate it shall be changed to a double lock increase regime , e.g. the higher of CPIH or average earnings. (They really don't like R.P.I. anymore, which was generally CPI + 0.9, but they saw a way of a subtle complex compounding reduction, a simple average was not good enough anymore???? )

Not sure what "allowances" that are raising concerns....

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, evadgib said:

What are they up to now I wonder? R.P.I. was, in years past, normally just above CPI+0.9%?

Of Interest as the bulk of my current pension is R.P.I. linked! 

Perhaps they should look at using C.P.I.H. in place of C.P.I, as C.P.I. seems to promise to equate to a compound reduction of value in Real terms....

I thought R.P.I. continued to be issued, as changing it radically, with effect on R.P.I. linked Gov Gilts, was going to be treated as a default, by the credit rating agencies. Though they state it is not a Official ons stat.

Edited by UKresonant

While signing a PoL (Proof of life) cert for a vulnerable local resident with age related health concerns several points arose, namely;

- His visa status has unfortunately lapsed and precedes any amnesty protection that might have arisen as a result of the lockdown(s).

- He has a joint a/c with his wife/partner but the bank will not issue a card because the a/c is in joint names.

- His bank book is nearly full. Without a new one he/they will be unable to draw funds and without a valid visa his wife says the bank won't issue a new book. His passport remains valid for another 5 years.

His PoL cert isn't a problem as I am able to sign those, but I would like to somehow help them to help themselves if at all possible.

Eva

(Note: The Embassy and family in UK is a non-starter in this particular case with no criticism being directed at either of them)

@theoldgit, @ubonjoe

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

While signing a PoL (Proof of life) cert for a vulnerable local resident with age related health concerns several points arose, namely;

- His visa status has unfortunately lapsed and precedes any amnesty protection that might have arisen as a result of the lockdown(s).

- He has a joint a/c with his wife/partner but the bank will not issue a card because the a/c is in joint names.

- His bank book is nearly full. Without a new one he/they will be unable to draw funds and without a valid visa his wife says the bank won't issue a new book. His passport remains valid for another 5 years.

His PoL cert isn't a problem as I am able to sign those, but I would like to somehow help them to help themselves if at all possible.

Eva

(Note: The Embassy and family in UK is a non-starter in this particular case with no criticism being directed at either of them)

@theoldgit, @ubonjoe

I've sent a PM.

• Thanks 1

Rishi Sunak faces state pension conundrum

Retired people are set to receive a 4.1% rise in the state pension in April 2022, an official forecast predicts.

The state pension is going up by 2.5% in April 2021, but the bigger forecast rise in 2022 will come at a time when unemployment is expected to be high.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak will face a balancing act between keeping to a manifesto promise while addressing claims of intergenerational unfairness.

A bit of good news maybe folks. HMRC has confirmed that personal allowances will be going up for 2021/22 so what does that mean? Well if they go by the September inflation figure of 0.5% that mean 62.50 to add to the 12500, however a glimmer of hope the Institute of Charted Accountants has said that a rise of 570 gbp would be more in line with current circumstances, so lets hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

10 hours ago, nong38 said:

A bit of good news maybe folks. HMRC has confirmed that personal allowances will be going up for 2021/22 so what does that mean? Well if they go by the September inflation figure of 0.5% that mean 62.50 to add to the 12500, however a glimmer of hope the Institute of Charted Accountants has said that a rise of 570 gbp would be more in line with current circumstances, so lets hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Increased by September CPI . Confirmed in the recent spending review.

Updated 27th Nov & presumably of interest despite the private members bill re abolishing that '15 year' lark for overseas voters failed at the last hurdle when the election was called last year.

Review of electoral regulation: written evidence

Written evidence submitted to the Committee's review of electoral regulation.

Edited by evadgib

• 2 weeks later...

Some time ago I paid additional voluntary contributions. However, these are are still not reflected when I login on Government Gateway.

Is there any way to contact the relevant Department for confirmation that the money has been received? Telephone contact is for people who are retiring in the near future, which does not apply. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, evadgib said:

I fear this covid lark has scuppered our chances of achieving parity for at least a decade ????

On a Dark and very sad note ...would n,t the amount of "old People"that have died in there thousands from"Covid" leave more funds in the so called govt pension pot? No more free prescriptions bus passes pensions winter fuel payments etc etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

On a Dark and very sad note ...would n,t the amount of "old People"that have died in there thousands from"Covid" leave more funds in the so called govt pension pot? No more free prescriptions bus passes pensions winter fuel payments etc etc

Will it even stop that statement the politicians were programmed to say "were all living longer", to push the State private and company Pension age upwards. Only applicable if you are lucky enough to have lived in the right area, had the right employment, and landed on the right side of a statistical median!

Pretty sure the state pension age won't be brought forward again.

I do feel sad about all those people, and to a lesser extent those that will find it difficult to complete pension ambitions for the next wee while....????.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:22 PM, rimmae2 said:

Some time ago I paid additional voluntary contributions. However, these are are still not reflected when I login on Government Gateway.

Is there any way to contact the relevant Department for confirmation that the money has been received? Telephone contact is for people who are retiring in the near future, which does not apply. 

Telephone:   0300 200 3500

Outside UK:  + 44 191 203 7010

Our phone line opening hours are:

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Edited by steve187

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

These are, cold hard statistics, mostly people that have likely died a year or two earlier than they otherwise might have, presuming that there wouldn't be a bout of 'flu etc anyway. Statistically insignificant, as is most of the whole panic driven Covid story.