UK Pensions and related info

Just now, bert bloggs said:

I must admit if you check all the govt websites,there is not one case of someone being caught or prosecuted ,Is there?

Bert Please,

It is more for us,whatever spin that is put on the title " Lawbreakers?" ( hardly,no law being broken)  Thieves /poachers/ miscreants?    well stretch a point,I guess

Now with all those OAP covid deaths ,it looks as if its only a couple still on pension,me and whoever...another 2.9 % increase on the cards next year then

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I must admit if you check all the govt websites,there is not one case of someone being caught or prosecuted ,Is there?

You are correct in as much as they don't prosecute. What they actually do however should they find out you have been unlawfully claiming is to withhold your pension until they have claimed back the over payment... and before you ask, yes I do know of a number of people this has happened to. Your record is also red flagged so they can keep an eye on you.

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, izod10 said:

Is this correct?  I assume you know as you posted the stuff...again garbage on the grandest of scales.  Beats me why people like you,and you in particular,constantly put this garbage up..".Im in the pit,everyone else should be in the pit with me"

You know nobody,nobody at all on state pension that has money stopped adjusted or claimed back.  You might know people ,but not on state pension,read the rules,read the information instead of constantly putting garbage up

Believe what you will, but I assure you it is not garbage! Amazingly everyone else writes garbage while you write the gospel. And as usual you claim to know it all.

It doesnt bother me either way as I dont claim to be in the Uk when Im here.

Im just given you a heads up of the possibility should they find out!

As they say here...Up to you.

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Red flagged ,oh the terror where can i hide ? by the way your pension cannot be stopped ,check the govt website before you make silly claims , and who said i was one who did not admit being here? another assumption without checking .

As they say here Up to You, but yes they can stop it to reclaim money you should not have claimed. It doesnt bother me either way as I dont claim to be in the Uk when Im here. Im just given you a heads up of the possibility should they find out!

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'm calling BS on your post.

You admitted agreed to paying, is totally different from them discovering and taking.

You can think what you like my friend, i can assure you its not BS, just for the avoidance of doubt i DON'T post lies but facts based on what happened to me.

I never agreed to ANYTHING they just told me thats what they were going to do and thats exactly what they did.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, izod10 said:

DWP only act on what you tell them,that's it,nothing more. If you voluntary told them a date,informed them,yes they will go to the date you informed ,simple as that. They will not "fine"  you,will not come looking for you....  few things here, DWP state they will not investigate an alleged "fraud" in most instances....it is impossible for a OApensioner to be held liable on his own pension of a fraud,...and if a fraud is undertaken by another OApensioner on partner of OAP maximum that can be done is any other benefit attached to the OAP maybe adjusted.....and so on

Yes i wrote to them and they FINED ME 50GBP's.    

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

As they say here Up to You, but yes they can stop it to reclaim money you should not have claimed. It doesnt bother me either way as I dont claim to be in the Uk when Im here. Im just given you a heads up of the possibility should they find out!

They cannot do anything,it says so DWP rules. They cannot stop anything,if they did the DWP would be breaking the law by not paying you a pension

Just one more time   woman lived openly in Aussie for years,DWP knew about her,threatened her but she refused to a frozen pension.  DWP took her to court,county court in this instance,so confident of winning the DWP never turned up to court,same same guy in Bristol  DWP never turned up,  but gave warning will not contest individual case ,but multiple yes they will

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes i wrote to them and they FINED ME 50GBP's.    

Still waiting for you to post the letter ......... prove us all wrong ....... make me eat my words

Not holding my breath though.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Still waiting for you to post the letter ......... prove us all wrong.

Not holding my breath though.

Why do you need proof you and loopylugs believe you are right so why are you worrying?

Just carry on as you are....and hope you dont get found out.

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Haha 1

There are rules and regulations set down by the DWP,..its on line,so any poster can view them,not hard to find,but if you cannot read or understand,yes there may well be a problem

Instead of stabbing in the dark at what is considered "right"  go view it,do not pump out complete c.rap for year on year.  By now its hurting  the frozen pension,lowest in western world,Id be joining the free food line ups  but up to you

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Maximum is 620GBP/month ......... $750US

Don't know how you arrive at that figure.

The new state pension is a minimum of £175.20 per week. (£759.20 per month).

Less if you had contracted years out.

More if you have additional payments above the full 35 year qualifying period.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

And the rule states you shouldn't be claiming to be living in the UK when you are actually living in Thailand.

If you want proof, call them and tell them ...I have been living in Thailand for x years but I tell you I live in the UK is that ok...any bets on what the answer will be?

As I already said its upto you what you do but please dont sell the theory that it is all legal and above board.

BINGO

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Don't know how you arrive at that figure.

The new state pension is a minimum of £175.20 per week. (£759.20 per month).

Less if you had contracted years out.

More if you have additional payments above the full 35 year qualifying period.

max is £700 4 weekly, not paid monthly, £9110 per year