UK Pensions and related info

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Government have on a number of occasions hinted the tax free allowance may be removed for non residents.

Last time was in 2014:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/restricting-non-residents-entitlement-to-the-uk-personal-allowance/restricting-non-residents-entitlement-to-the-uk-personal-allowance

11 hours ago, OJAS said:

Indeed, by the Cameron/Clegg coalition, the same pair that removed free NHS care for expat pensioners visiting the UK.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, ivor bigun said:

looks like a 10% rise in the pensiones as  well, such a shame  its frozen here.especially as many have paid in for over 40 yrs 

Wonder how many will get the rise,lucky them ,looks like its going to be a nice one,  

I'm doing an ongoing cost benefit analysis, at some stage the Phillipines is gonna look very attractive. At the moment, cos of my long residence here, I get stuff very cheap, it doesn't make sense to relocate. That may change. My UK State pension constitutes about a third of my total pension. The problem is my committments: a woman, dogs, a pick-up,, all the usual stuff. I would really like to end my days here, whether life will allow, we 'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nausea said:

I'm doing an ongoing cost benefit analysis, at some stage the Phillipines is gonna look very attractive. At the moment, cos of my long residence here, I get stuff very cheap, it doesn't make sense to relocate. That may change. My UK State pension constitutes about a third of my total pension. The problem is my committments: a woman, dogs, a pick-up,, all the usual stuff. I would really like to end my days here, whether life will allow, we 'll see.

I know that feeling very well.

My state pension is about 28% and will die with me. However my wife will get a % of my military pension and a % of my company pensions until she dies. After that my son gets the lot but the pensions die with my wife.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Could you provide a little more info please?

Have you or a friend received one?

A friend of mine received one yesterday, as the mail delivery in my area is very hit and miss, I received no mail since September, I called DWP who confirmed that I'd been sent one three or four weeks ago, she offered to send my another by email.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, billd766 said:

I know that feeling very well.

My state pension is about 28% and will die with me. However my wife will get a % of my military pension and a % of my company pensions until she dies. After that my son gets the lot but the pensions die with my wife.

Doesn't your wife get a % of your State pension?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Doesn't your wife get a % of your State pension?

Sadly, no she doesn't.

If we had lived in the UK and she had pais contributions she would have had one in  her own right.

My pension is in my name only and as such it dies with me.

22 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A friend of mine received one yesterday, as the mail delivery in my area is very hit and miss, I received no mail since September, I called DWP who confirmed that I'd been sent one three or four weeks ago, she offered to send my another by email.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know why they don't send the life form by email in the first place. Can anyone confirm that this is the current life form please?

State Pension Life Form.pdf

Edited by Mutt Daeng

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

..there is considerable disruption at the UK end at the present time as a result of postal workers' strikes (which do, however, seem to be on hold at least for the time being pending the outcome of negotiations between Royal Mail and the CWU)...

https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news

This link is now saying that there is to be a 24-hour strike of postal workers between 12:30 on 16 Feb and 12:30 on 17 Feb!

On 2/1/2023 at 7:42 AM, theoldgit said:

Thanks for that Info will ask them if they have sent me one because my pension has been stopped twice before.

Both times never got the one they said was sent only the second one.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:18 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know why they don't send the life form by email in the first place. Can anyone confirm that this is the current life form please?

State Pension Life Form.pdf 971.11 kB · 11 downloads

They emailed me one time after complaining of not receiving Life forms they said they sent and copies i have look the same as what you have there. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

A few of my friends near me, as well as myself, have all received the LC letter at the same time.

I always email them with a copy of the completed LC form that has been sent off in the post, just in case.....????

Well at least you received one. ????

Just got one in the post and so did another Brit I know get one too. He got his state pension in May last year and myself in August.  Both young OAPS's 55.

I will get the manager of our local Bangkok Bank to sign the witness form.  Don't know any teachers......

15 minutes ago, brianburi said:

Just got one in the post and so did another Brit I know get one too. He got his state pension in May last year and myself in August.  Both young OAPS's 55.

I will get the manager of our local Bangkok Bank to sign the witness form.  Don't know any teachers......

If you threaten that you will withdraw your account she/he may sign it. ????????????