Evidence for extending a non-imm 90 day O-Visa

The time has come to extend my non-imm 90 day O-Visa (retirement) to a year.  Whenever I visit Chaeng Wattana, I always need to visit my bank in Silom first.  (The branch downstairs at the government building doesn't do what I need).  So, I don't want to waste time (and money) obtaining evidence that I don't need.

I've already provided immigration with two letters to get my 90 day visa.  One is a statement of my account balance, the other provided details that the funds originated from overseas.

Am I right in understanding that I don't need to submit these letters again for the year extension?  Last time I did a year extension, these letters seemed irrelevant - and they focussed only on my passbook, to determine that I hadn't shifted the funds out.

Also, what is the name of the form for this extension?

7 hours ago, inasia said:

The time has come to extend my non-imm 90 day O-Visa (retirement) to a year...
I've already provided immigration with two letters to get my 90 day visa.  One is a statement of my account balance, the other provided details that the funds originated from overseas...

I wonder what you mean with "90 day O-visa (retirement)" which you obtained at the Bangkok immigration office on Chaeng Watthana road.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I wonder what you mean with "90 day O-visa (retirement)" which you obtained at the Bangkok immigration office on Chaeng Watthana road.

Non-immigrant 90 day Type O visa based on retirement.  In my passport it says "NON-O-RETIREMENT".  Did I get the name wrong?

The question was whether I need the bank to print the balance of account letter, and origin of funds letter again?  Even though I submitted these recently for the initial application.

Edited by inasia

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you will need the same bank letter and and a copy of your updated bank showing the 800k bagt has been in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. The proof it came from abroad will not be needed for the extension of stay based upon retirement application.

Thank you.  That helps a lot.  That's the letter that tends to hold me up most in the morning - when I just want to leave the bank, and get on to immigration.

Edited by inasia

25 minutes ago, inasia said:

Thank you.  That helps a lot.  That's the letter that tends to hold me up most in the morning - when I just want to leave the bank, and get on to immigration.

And the amount in the bank letter need to be the same as in the updated bank book.

• Like 1

The IO seems confused as to his predicament? Is he confusing a 90-day report requirement with a visa extension? He says he ‘recently’ had to show proof of income. This is certainly not required for the former and the latter is only required each year?

33 minutes ago, AjarnMartin said:

The IO seems confused as to his predicament? Is he confusing a 90-day report requirement with a visa extension? He says he ‘recently’ had to show proof of income. This is certainly not required for the former and the latter is only required each year?

He has applied for a 90 non immigrant visa entry at immigration and is now applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Read post #3.

• Thanks 1