Halifax Clarity Card still better than Transferwise

I did another withdrawal using my Clarity Credit card the other day, it worked out 0.15 baht better net exchange rate than Transferwise net rate. Transferwise is less hassle but it only takes 20 mins using Clarity to withdraw and deposit.

Halifax Clarity only has one actual exchange rate a day so it depends what happens to the exchange rate after the withdrawal

ATM withdrawal or over the counter?

Halifax use the MC exchange rate on the day it's posted to your acccount, not the day the withdrawal was made, that's why the initial amount you see usually varies when it's firmed up.  This always means Halifax has a bit of an unknown value for a couple of days.

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

ATM withdrawal or over the counter?

Halifax use the MC exchange rate on the day it's posted to your acccount, not the day the withdrawal was made, that's why the initial amount you see usually varies when it's firmed up.  This always means Halifax has a bit of an unknown value for a couple of days.

Over the counter. It uses the exchange rate on the day of withdrawal, the initial rate is just an estimated rate which gets updated a couple days later. I've done loads of withdrawals always the same procedure. Exchange rate always agrees to the official mastercard rate for that day