Thai Passports

G,day

My Thai wife recently re newed her passport here in Bangkok, The only document needed was her ID card .The cost of new passport was Baht 1000 plus a postage fee of about Baht 45 to get it sent to the local post office by EMS.

Hope this can help,

cheers,

lesdunbar

I have done a search but not been able to find out the cost and documentation needed for a Thai to get a passport.

Can anyone give me the information please?

TIA

Where are you?

In Bangkok, my wife went to Bang Na Central (9th floor) where passports are issued/renewed and her new passport will be ready next Tuesday. It's 7 calendar days, 1200B.

If it is of any help:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

I have thai passport and did mine at the Bangna office in BKK - for 1000b - ready for pickup on the 3rd day

It was easy and painless process with just a thai id card - 30 min waiting + 10 min for picture&finger printing

• 4 weeks later...
No, she can do it at anyone of the passport offices in Thailand and must go in person with her ID card.

The passport issuing office in Chiang Mai is on the Mae Rim road about 3km beyond the Superhighway on the left and not as per the out of date map in the above link. Other than wasting a couple of hours due to the map, the process seems very simple - much more so than getting a UK passport!