Thai MoPH No Longer Reporting on Backlog of Potential Coronavirus Cases Awaiting Lab Results

TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The one good thing to say is the number of new patients with symptoms coming into the system as PUI has been decreasing for the past 3 days at least, which is a positive trend indicator if it continues.

I am afraid that this could be absolutely not a good thing,

Just change the criteria of being PUI is enough to change the number dramatically.

As they change what they disclose.

I am scared as people dying even young ones. Compare it with flu is utter nonsense.

Another poster mentioned that there was no room free in a private hospital for his mother which need a surgery.

What we have are indicators not more. And those are not convincing.

I stay away from every mass do not fly and travel and the kids stay at home.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

One of the main sources of PUIs seemed to be airport thermal scans. 

The number of folks being identified with symptoms at airport screens has consistently been a pretty small portion compared to those who are self-reporting themselves....based on DDC data.

This was their status report as of Feb. 5

1590329780_2020-02-0717_41_43.jpg.3d613af2826b697c99abd77d2441486c.jpg

What would be interesting to me would be to find out what the breakdown is among the 25 patients who ended up being confirmed CV cases -- how many of them came into the MoPH system via airport screening vs. self-reporting.

Sought medical services on their own

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

One of the main sources of PUIs seemed to be airport thermal scans. The number of arrivals is down. The other source would be people with symptoms going to hospital. There might be a delay there right now before an outbreak manifests itself after the incubation time. Just thinking out loud what the possible factors could be.

Good point but the majority of PUI are "Sought medical services on their own".

My fear is that the real number are dramatically up.

Vachira Hospital Phuket claim that more than 100 people every day coming in to be checked. Nobody can check 100 people per day.

So those with mild symptoms likely will stay at home.