Food from Restaurants

roger101

So far I've used a delivery service if I haven't fancied cooking. What happens if you go to a restaurant and place an order to take home. Do you just sit there and wait or are you allowed to have a drink while your waiting?

31 minutes ago, Guderian said:

But if the restaurant is infected then surely your food will be infected too, so you may as well go and sit inside.

Anyway, I have total confidence in my hand-stitched cloth face mask, lol.

Cooked food is considered safe. Raw foods not so much. Virus of course can be on packaging. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cooked food is considered safe. Raw foods not so much. Virus of course can be on packaging. 

I think  I will stick to fool delivery . I wash my hands after unpacking the food and before I eat,

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

But what if bacteria was on the receptacle your food was delivered in and that transferred to your food?

Where do you stop? 

That would have always been the case wrt take home food. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

That would have always been the case wrt take home food. 

Exactly so everyone getting excited about maintaining social distancing to prevent infection by not going to restaraunts are still potentially exposed.

Just coz they're getting deliveries by no means prevent them becoming infected.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, with the virus supposed to be able to last for hours on cardboard and days on plastic containers they're definitely the weak link. I've read elsewhere that cooked food is considered safe, presumably because the heat of cooking will kill the virus (good excuse to eat pizza!). But if the virus is airborne in a kitchen, or one of the staff is infected and shedding it, then I wonder if your rapidly cooling food will still kill it?

• Like 1