good bad ugly & future for thailand/pattaya

nomad2019

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You never know, it may just be the re making of the place, into a City worth visiting and staying in. it sure needed a re making.

Great time to repair , replace or widen  many of the broken / holed pavements along Beach Rd and its sois .

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Thailand could also speed up their recovery by doing away with their complicated zenophobic Immigration policies.

They are going to have to ramp back a long way from the protective xenophobic policies employed to keep Covid out first, and the other big job, getting rid of all those foreigners allowed to remain here without applying for extensions during the crisis. There is going to be a lot of pressure to open up the place for business

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, newnative said:

I think with any tourist destinations in the world it's going to take some time.  Pattaya was attracting large numbers before the virus and they will eventually be back.  It's encouraging that some projects such as Centre Point II are still going forward--we drove by that site yesterday and work was going on.  With what will happen with the virus in the next 5 or 6 months an uncertainty, it's robably a good thing that the opening back up will likely be a 'soft opening' at first.

It will not be back any time soon,Thailand was mostly a holiday destination,those that came had jobs,a pot of money they worked for,excess money to throw away,now, nothing like ever before,and never will.  countries have to stabilise ,that means taxation will be priority ,sky high stuff

building work mostly has stopped,the new builds are empty,those bank loans/mortgages are a nightmare about to unfold What projects are still ongoing will be going nowhere

Funding for the site you mentioned would already have been earmarked before the shutdown. It will not be the developers digging into their own pockets,Once the agreed pot runs dry,that's it,work stops

Edited by izod10
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 11:29 AM, Zikomat said:

Pattaya will not recover any time soon. Open the bars, agogos, restaurants - open everything right now. But where will you get the customers? International tourism will be dead for a long time and will be one of the last industries to make a recover.

Especially if upon arrival you have to be in quarantine for the duration.

(14 days)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, jadee said:

What I want to know is, what are all the working girls doing now? Have they done back home? Are they still working but online? How to meet them? Thanks

Haha, cannot say directly.  There are other pattaya forums out there you may want to investigate.

You answered your own question.  Yes they work online. 

You message them, then meet up with them if you so desire.  Pretty simple really

16 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Let´s just say like this. Pattaya has always been good, bad and ugly as well as beautiful. That´s quite complete, and I would think it will stay that way. Almost impossible to change such a concept.

Correct.  Lovely Soi 6, Soi Honey, the massage places east of Soi Buakow, etc...

As always, the venues will remain and only the names of the girls will change.  555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

Great time to repair , replace or widen  many of the broken / holed pavements along Beach Rd and its sois .

Exactly what they are doing--road work is going on everywhere in Pattaya right now--from Naklua in the north to Jomtien in the south.

14 hours ago, Almer said:

Same same all over the world and you are i am sure right that Pattaya  will not see  customers with money to spend until 2020, when i say with money to spend that rules out the Chinese unless you own a 7/11 and my other thought other than there money,  will they be made to feel welcome, that is not my view but my thoughts.

Don't rule out the Chinese when you talk about 'customers with money to spend'.  Yes, you were seeing Chinese at 7-11--I am at 7-11, too, sometimes.  You noticed them and not me because there were just so many more of them.  (I probably should mention that you noticed them at 7-11 because you were there, too. )  So, you think they are all low-budget and only patronize 7-11s because maybe that is where you always saw them.  

But, you would have also seen them at all the fancy hotels and resorts in town, too.  I remember meeting a friend at the Hilton and while I was waiting I noticed most of the customers getting on and off the elevator were Chinese.  They were very noticeable in Wong Amat, as well.  

Certainly there were lots of Chinese on low-budget tours--again very easy to spot walking behind the guy with the flag.  The assumption must be that they are all low-budget because a big group is much more noticeable than a couple with a child traveling independently and staying out of the way at Centara Mirage.  Much more noticeable than the two Chinese couples that bought my two Centric Sea condos.  Or the single Chinese gentleman that bought my Bangkok condo.  Or the Chinese couple that bought my 1 bedroom at Unixx and the Chinese gentleman who bought the 2 bedroom at Unixx.  

Not too low-budget when they have the cash to spend on condos ranging from 3.25MB to 10.25MB.  I might add that the buyers were mostly in their late 20s to late 30s.  Yes, only a few examples but remember that's what they bought from just one person.  Hopefully, the Chinese will return, along with tourists from other countries, when the virus has been brought under control.  Not all of the Chinese will be too poor to travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 9:09 PM, Enoon said:

Forget Pattaya.

I'm looking forward to new naughty somewhere.

With the previous generation all out of business it'll be a level playing field.

A purpose built, multi resort area, accommodation/restaurants integrated, on a greenfield site, with no "family"/beach paradise pretensions,

A real, hardcore, City of Sensuality.

A "Hyper Nana".

Sounds like it will be a great place, until all of the family oriented tourists and righteous expats who don’t belong there insist on coming anyway, and then proceed to complain endlessly about what a seedy, debaucherous dump it is.

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2020 at 3:09 PM, Enoon said:

Forget Pattaya.

I'm looking forward to new naughty somewhere.

With the previous generation all out of business it'll be a level playing field.

A purpose built, multi resort area, accommodation/restaurants integrated, on a greenfield site, with no "family"/beach paradise pretensions,

A real, hardcore, City of Sensuality.

A "Hyper Nana".

Plus a packet of H.I.V. 

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

As always, the venues will remain and only the names of the girls will change.  555

Not this time.

The venues will remain closed, and up for sale, or for rent.  Some may never open again as hospitality establishments.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2020 at 3:02 PM, spermwhale said:

Enough of this BS. Not everybody in Pattaya is a scammer. 

there is one bar/guest owner on LK metro saying that selling bottles of beer at a 150% markup is not profitable and they should raise to the same prices in BKK and Phuket.

Not sure if scam or just deluded !!

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

there is one bar/guest owner on LK metro saying that selling bottles of beer at a 150% markup is not profitable and they should raise to the same prices in BKK and Phuket.

And if he told you his rent is 200k baht a month, and that was a fact, what should the price of his beer be?  

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And if he told you his rent is 200k baht a month, and that was a fact, what should the price of his beer be?  

His beer should be Pattaya market price, not Phuket or Bangkok.

He's been a leader of the GBO movement for a few years now though......... good luck to him, punter will vote with their feet though.

UK government spokesman was asked at a press briefing could people start booking their summer holidays.

He reminded the questioner that unless absolutely essential UK citizens should not travel abroad.

Beginning to feel that we are living in a giant prison camp.

6 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

UK government spokesman was asked at a press briefing could people start booking their summer holidays.

He reminded the questioner that unless absolutely essential UK citizens should not travel abroad.

A global one. 

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

The venues will remain closed, and up for sale, or for rent.  Some may never open again as hospitality establishments.  

Do the venues reopen before customers start to return, or are tourist likely to come without an entertainment industry to avail themselves of. Place might be a bit like it was in the 80s for a spell! Great!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Do the venues reopen before customers start to return, or are tourist likely to come without an entertainment industry to avail themselves of. Place might be a bit like it was in the 80s for a spell! Great!

Tourists might return to 50% in 2 years time if it loses its LOS mantra- Land Of Scam

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In my OPINION, Pattaya will become more like Hua Hin re the nite scene. Just a few barbeers with greedy girls. I can't see the glory days of gogos returning as long as western countries are broke, as they already are. Can't rent BGs if don't have spare cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If a Thai sees a business that appears to be making a profit.

There'll be 10 more business exactly the same, in the same road, one month later.

As for tourists coming back, pal of mine just emailed me to say he'd put of his plans for a Thailand trip this Autumn until next year. Can't imagine many Brit tourists thinking differently.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

And he has been telling people for years about the offers to sell out he turned down when all the places around him were being converted to Go-Gos. I think he has now left it too late

16 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

pandemics can goto martial law, especially if the social order gets disturbed. we are seeing that around in some places as frustration grows with the lockdown.

your rights go out the window with this sort of stuff. its that serious.

so get back in your room and stop causing problems. also, no visitors allowed and stop looking out your window at your neighbors wife.

Edited by fhickson