Covid-19: Health official denies worker died after getting infected from corpse

webfact

Covid-19: Health official denies worker died after getting infected from corpse

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai PBS

A leading figure in the fight against coronavirus in Thailand has said that it is untrue that a forensic worker had died after contracting the virus from a dead body.

Reports in "Business Insider" and other publications around the world suggested it had happened after a letter from two Thai scientists appeared in the Journal of Forensic and Legal medicine. 

Thai health officials suggested on March 25 that it was not possible to catch the virus from a dead person. This has been largely discredited.

Dr Anupong Sujariyakun said the claims were not true but he accepted that proper procedures must be in place when handling those who have died from Covid-19 to avoid the risk of infection.

These were observed yesterday when a public transport driver was cremated. 

Source: Thai PBS

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-15

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai health officials suggested on March 25 that it was not possible to catch the virus from a dead person. This has been largely discredited.

Did they offer any apology,admit the could have been wrong.......Thai experts.

regards Worgeordie 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RedPill said:

But please, overall, I know so many people who have to leave Thailand after i.e. getting an infection on their legs ... and it's back to the home country, before they take that leg off. 

So many?

How many you know take the leg off?

Sorry. I not believe you.

You have photo of so many people you know one leg? Or no leg? Because infection in Thailand?

IF is true, IF, I think doctor in your country is idiot. I not know one person who cut the leg off because infection. I know one cut the arm, because motorbike. 

And all the girls who really want a good nose job and have the cash, book a ticket to South Korea ...

“All”? Hmmmm a lot? 

Yes, Korea is amazing job with medical beauty. Number 1

That's why I stay at home since 3+ weeks. I don't want to end up in a Thai hospital with corona ... I do have insurance, but not even sure whether this would cover me now, to be honest. Better not and stay safe for the moment.

Good idea. Thai health official recommend it.

Good boy.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

So many?

You have photo of so many people you know one leg? Or no leg? Because infection in Thailand?

IF is true, IF, I think doctor in your country is idiot. I not know one person who cut the leg off because infection. I know one cut the arm, because motorbike. 

“All”? Hmmmm a lot? 

Yes, Korea is amazing job with medical beauty. Number 1

Good idea. Thai health official recommend it.

Good boy.

You know what I mean and want to tell you, overall ... I'm sure ????

Yes, I'm a good boy and stay at home, I party later again.

... for what do you think I'm counter arguing that end-less mask discussion with fellow foreigners.

Now that one luckily has gone with the wind ... no one dares anymore to go out without one.

Anyways, just wanted to point out a few things to you. Hope you get some of it.

Maybe you could comment on that 'health insurance cover' comment of mine a bit ... how would it look like 

if I have to go to a hospital tomorrow, and it's not covered?

Edited by RedPill

22 minutes ago, Yinn said:

So many?

Just to this point ... yes, there were many. 

You know how many crash with their bikes, get a spider bite or similar.

It was quite a good bunch with infections, and got into big trouble. Infections in a tropical country are not that easy to treat as elsewhere.

No, I don't have any pictures, you just have to believe me a little bit, I'm afraid ???? Also, I said, they leave back home, before that leg got cut off ... not that every leg got cut off.  A bit of a difference ... I don't have pictures from them leaving at Suvarnabhumi airport still with 2 legs.

Edited by RedPill

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

First sentence says you can't catch it from a dead body and the second says to take precautions incase you do catch?So which is it?

Yes, which one is it?

At the moment, the internet social medias are getting plastered with conspiracy theories ... it's really difficult to get good, honest and 

accurate information. 

Just today, one of my 'conspiracy fan boys' nephew posted on FB that you can't get the virus by just touching a door knob.

He got his stand ... against government pre-caution measures ... thinks it's a robbery on his freedom.

Fair enough ... everyone can think or believe whatever they want.

But what is the real, medical proof and explanation to this? I'm baffled it's so hard for the medical community to get to a clear answer to this.

Until then ... it's everybody throwing in their own opinions and believes.

I stay at home ... get a beer, and wait how this develops. Not touch a door knob at public places. What else should I do? Lick it? ;-)))

I think just burn all those corpses ... at least you know it's gone. What good is it to keep already dead bodies and take a risk?

Edited by RedPill

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Anupong Sujariyakun said the claims were not true but he accepted that proper procedures must be in place when handling those who have died from Covid-19 to avoid the risk of infection.

and just how does that work exactly when no testing is being carried out to confirm cause of death

Back to you

Tripping themselves up now by their own hands

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

and just how does that work exactly when no testing is being carried out to confirm cause of death

... and then, dead is dead. Burning seems the most logical solution to me. Unlike many countries stacking them up or put them into cool boxes, to bury later. 

Just to make sure I didn't miss reading up on anything ... is there a clear answer to this?

Do dead corpses still carry the virus and possibly could infect the people taking care of them? Without them coughing or sneezing?

I'm not arguing or debating, just want to know.

There must be a country having tested this and figured this out, anywhere in the world? 

Edited by RedPill

21 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Just to make sure I didn't miss reading up on anything ... is there a clear answer to this?

Do dead corpses

if the virus can survive for days on a door handle then the answer is likely - yes

but google it and see

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thailand is famous for medical care. Thousands people come every month for treatment from many countries, Europe, Australia, Middle East etc etc 

Dentist foreigner come same.

Thailand also help millions people from Cambodia, Burma and Laos. They can not do their country, so, come thailand for it. Doctor expert and good equipment.

Maybe should worry about other countrys health officials more. Seem to be big problem. Hospital to full, no mask, equipment for the doctor and nurse. 

ZERO foreigner die in Thailand because covid. 

=ZERO

We prepare emergency place already IF need it. Hope we not need.

Have many rule, cancel Songkran, people wear the mask, alcohol gel and check temperatures before can go in 7, supermarket. Road block also check temperature.

i think thailand will win fight against covid.

Germany, WHO, USA say Thailand do good job.

try very hard keep you safe.

Link... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

197D41A7-4D29-4ED6-A2A3-A8B6DE98168B.jpeg

AD6B17D1-6D3B-48F1-9E45-0AB9744F1121.jpeg

OMG

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

if the virus can survive for days on a door handle then the answer is likely - yes

but google it and see

That's the thing .. there are so many different articles, opinions, etc. 

What's the most credible source to believe?

I mean, it's hard to believe that the labs and medics all over the world can't get a clear answer to this.

Otherwise, where do all these different opinions and arguments between people come from?

Stupid example, we all know by now that smoking cigarettes is not the best to avoid cancers ... nobody in the world disputes this.

They still smoke, but don't argue against that fact, because they know it. It's just a personal choice. The facts are clear and there, for everybody to see.

Why are there so many people in limbo discussing and are opinionated ... all these conspiracy theories, they are really in a big uptrend right now, from what I see and read. No one is on the same page, in terms of knowledge nor believe, about that corona virus, on a door knob, on a dead body, yes or no?

I would have thought with todays technology and capabilities, it would be such a simple question to settle and get answered, but apparently not.

For what did people fly to the moon to, all that effort, knowledge and technology? ;-)))

But no ... today ppl are vandalizing 4G masts (!!!), because they think 5G masts are driving corona infections. Bloody hell.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thailand is famous for medical care. Thousands people come every month for treatment from many countries, Europe, Australia, Middle East etc etc 

Dentist foreigner come same.

Thailand also help millions people from Cambodia, Burma and Laos. They can not do their country, so, come thailand for it. Doctor expert and good equipment.

Maybe should worry about other countrys health officials more. Seem to be big problem. Hospital to full, no mask, equipment for the doctor and nurse. 

ZERO foreigner die in Thailand because covid. 

=ZERO

We prepare emergency place already IF need it. Hope we not need.

Have many rule, cancel Songkran, people wear the mask, alcohol gel and check temperatures before can go in 7, supermarket. Road block also check temperature.

i think thailand will win fight against covid.

Germany, WHO, USA say Thailand do good job.

try very hard keep you safe.

Link... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

197D41A7-4D29-4ED6-A2A3-A8B6DE98168B.jpeg

AD6B17D1-6D3B-48F1-9E45-0AB9744F1121.jpeg

I thought they came because it was cheaper, same as Malaysia...But of course you know different...????

Now tell me, why are poor neighbour countries like Burma, Lao, Cambodia, or even Vietnam doing better than Thailand....?

Bet you do not answer.....????

Edited by transam

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

When the word Thai is presented with the words health officials or expert, that puts me on guard to anything that maybe said.  You need to have credibility in this world if your going to make public your ideas. 

Post #2 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Here you go again with your racist remarks, time to stop it, getting boring seeing you post about foreigners being idiots, there are plenty here just the same.

Hmmm. 

* i said IF. I not believe true.

Maybe you agree the doctor and medical is terrible in thailand? 

IMO is better than most countrys.

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Post #2 

Hmmm. 

* i said IF. I not believe true.

Maybe you agree the doctor and medical is terrible in thailand? 

IMO is better than most countrys.

How do you know that .......?

Come on, tell us, and while you are at it, why is it that someone very high and important in Thailand has been to the UK for help and advice regarding cancer..

Now you do an Internet search to LEARN something..........