Hey guys just back from vientenne got my 2nd tourist visa no problem. however missed the embassy and chose to get one of the agents to do my visa as i had not planned to stay in lao for a extra day. anyway he charged me 2800 baht got my visa the next day no problems there. as i chatted to the agent and telling him that i have a baby coming in june and could he get me a longer visa he informed me he could do for me no problem all i have to do is bring the babies birth certificate and he can get me a 3 month visa and i will be able to extend it every 3 months in thailand without having to leave can anyone inform me if there is any truth in this thanks marshall

Hey guys just back from vientenne got my 2nd tourist visa no problem. however missed the embassy and chose to get one of the agents to do my visa as i had not planned to stay in lao for a extra day. anyway he charged me 2800 baht got my visa the next day no problems there. as i chatted to the agent and telling him that i have a baby coming in june and could he get me a longer visa he informed me he could do for me no problem all i have to do is bring the babies birth certificate and he can get me a 3 month visa and i will be able to extend it every 3 months in thailand without having to leave can anyone inform me if there is any truth in this thanks marshall

You would get a single entry Non O Visa valid for 90 days after which you would have to leave Thailand and get another one. I assume the child is Thai.

You may have other options if you are married to the mother or you are over 50.

More information needed.

No such visa. The best obtainable would be a non immigrant O visa allowing a 90 day stay. If they will issue a multi entry (doubtful) you could use for 90 day stays for the one year validity but it would require leaving the country and returning each time.

You would get a single entry Non O Visa valid for 90 days after which you would have to leave Thailand and get another one. I assume the child is Thai.

You may have other options if you are married to the mother or you are over 50.

More information needed.

Im not married and im not over 50. yes my baby is thai, i think this is the visa the agent is speaking about but he has stated that i can extend or travel to the border and get another 3 months is this correct or not, i plan to registar my baby at the uk embassy so as she can have 2 passports thai and brittish any info would be gratefully accepted thanks marshall

As I said it is not true that you can extend any visa in Thailand every 3 months. Nor can you extend your stay for one year on the basis of having a Thai child. The best you can obtain is as I said - a multi entry and make border runs every 90 days but that is not going to happen from Vientiane. The next is a new visa every three months with a visit to Vientiane or other consulate.

As I said it is not true that you can extend any visa in Thailand every 3 months. Nor can you extend your stay for one year on the basis of having a Thai child. The best you can obtain is as I said - a multi entry and make border runs every 90 days but that is not going to happen from Vientiane. The next is a new visa every three months with a visit to Vientiane or other consulate.

Sorry Marshall, as you are not married or over 50 Lopburi is as always 100% correct.

Sorry Marshall, as you are not married or over 50 Lopburi is as always 100% correct.

Ok So I Can Get 3 Month Visa What Stamp Do I get On Entry Back Into Thailand. As You Know We Get 3 Month Tourist Visa And Only Get 2 Month On entry Can You Clarify This For Me Re Baby Visa. Non o Thanks Guys Marshall

Ok So I Can Get 3 Month Visa What Stamp Do I get On Entry Back Into Thailand. As You Know We Get 3 Month Tourist Visa And Only Get 2 Month On entry Can You Clarify This For Me Re Baby Visa. Non o Thanks Guys Marshall

A Non Imm O single entry valid for 90 days to visit your child.

Try phoning Singapore ot KL Embassy to see if they will give a multy entry. Unlikely but you never know.

The tourist visa is 60 days on entry but can be extended for 1,900 baht for another 30 days at any immigration office. A non immigrant visa entry would be 90 days on entry and not extend-able more than 7 days.