Software sifts through 28.8 million applicants, finds only 16 million eligible for handout

snoop1130

Software sifts through 28.8 million applicants, finds only 16 million eligible for handout

By The Nation

800_9a83b2aeb074794.jpg

Uttama Savanayana

Within a month, 28.8 million people registered for the government’s Bt5,000 cash handout, though Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana insists that the total number of applicants stands at 24 million and the remaining 4.8 million had been added due to a technical error.

Of the 24 million, 1.7 million were rejected by the software used by the Department of Provincial Administration, leaving only 22.3 million eligible.

Of the 22.3 million, 4.2 million are farmers or in the civil service and thus not entitled, 1.1 million are eligible for compensation from the social security scheme instead, and 950,000 have withdrawn their application.

Therefore, only 16.05 million people are eligible, of whom 10.6 million have been approved. Meanwhile, the ministry has been sending money to 7.5 million people from April 8.

On April 30, the money will be sent to 480,000 applicants, while the remaining 2.6 million will have to wait until May.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386923

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-28

• Like 1

The hour in the crisis is late and with the end in sight finally some cash is arriving. Shame it didn't get dished out a lot faster. Would have spared much misery.

Letting them return to work as much as possible wouldn't go amiss either.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Still cannot understand why so many people are called farmer classification. 

Where do they go to get further clarity?

My Partner and her sister have been rejected because of the farmer classification. 

Definitely not farmers...

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They're address is still registered in a farm house book.

So as an example ...

They are in Nangrong. 

The village is moo11

The tabien baan is in the sisters name as head of the house.

My partner is in the same house book.

What you are saying is that the house book is a farmer (type) tabien baan?

And realistically should be revised?

Both Are rejected because of the farmer classification. 

Girl messaged me earlier to say she got the 5k, a big relief, she was desperate, already getting free food. 1000s in Pattaya in the same position, hope they get it. i saw 4 food queues today, an everyday occurrence, this should be making TV every day

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That residence is probably listed as a farm.

Could be the house, could be the electricity supply, depends how the government is checking..

So frustrating. 

And even harder trying to get them to do something about it. 

Consequently it's all too hard and they give up..

I don't know whether my GF hasn't got it because she is the daughter of a farmer,  her house is classified as being in a farming village, or there is an asset test on bank balances. I do know she is very p###ed off, says the government are all liars. Some of her neighbors got the 5K.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Within a month, 28.8 million people registered for the government’s Bt5,000 cash handout, though Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana insists that the total number of applicants stands at 24 million and the remaining 4.8 million had been added due to a technical error

And this, Mr Finance Minister, might be why you're for the chop. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just give them both 5k and make sure they thank you properly.

The mother died 4 weeks ago. 

My lady returned to the village. 

Then the Pattaya curfew was announced. 

Add to that Buriram province went into lockdown. 

She is stuck in the village. 

None of them have jobs now.

I'm stranded in Australia. 

My March 27th flight back was cancelled. 

You can add the 5000 and 5000 add another 0 on the end.. so far...

Funeral, cost to live. Etc.

No government money, no income.

Just farang lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

So as an example ...

They are in Nangrong. 

The village is moo11

The tabien baan is in the sisters name as head of the house.

My partner is in the same house book.

What you are saying is that the house book is a farmer (type) tabien baan?

And realistically should be revised?

Both Are rejected because of the farmer classification. 

So tell them to apply that farmer 15k money then! Nice to get know why they don't give that one if they are farmer's!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1909376/farming-households-get-b15-000-aid

If you are in that farming system and you have bank account in BAAC you get automatic that money. Like my mother in law going to get. And sorry i don't know more details.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

The mother died 4 weeks ago. 

My lady returned to the village. 

Then the Pattaya curfew was announced. 

Add to that Buriram province went into lockdown. 

She is stuck in the village. 

None of them have jobs now.

I'm stranded in Australia. 

My March 27th flight back was cancelled. 

You can add the 5000 and 5000 add another 0 on the end.. so far...

Funeral, cost to live. Etc.

No government money, no income.

Just farang lol.

Did you get a photo of the dead mother? i did, maybe it's the same one

• Sad 1

So my wife was a group zoom vidchat yesterday with family, since it appears 98 year old Grandma is not long for this world.

But as I was listening to the conversation it turned to this issue after Grandma nodded off. 

I think there was somewhere around 20 cousins, siblings, aunts, great grand kids on the call, and not a single one of them had received a satang.

Now we live in the US and one of her cousins is in Sweden, but even so, thats not a particularly good bating average!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dallen52 said:

So frustrating. 

And even harder trying to get them to do something about it. 

Consequently it's all too hard and they give up..

if they can't be bothered to make the effort i guess they dont need the money that desperately.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, samsensam said:

if they can't be bothered to make the effort i guess they dont need the money that desperately.

Or perhaps, they don't have the skills to complete the form, or have anyone to help them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Pathetic really, people are starving, and all the government are doing is nit picking.

You have the wrong address, you are in the wrong house book, sick.

When they do finally get round to helping a small handful of people, Prawit will be woken from his slumbers, porta potty on hand, then have the peasants waiing in front of him in gratitude.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know whether my GF hasn't got it because she is the daughter of a farmer,  her house is classified as being in a farming village, or there is an asset test on bank balances. I do know she is very p###ed off, says the government are all liars. Some of her neighbors got the 5K.

Why don't you just give her the 5k/month....she's your GF.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Pathetic really, people are starving, and all the government are doing is nit picking.

You have the wrong address, you are in the wrong house book, sick.

When they do finally get round to helping a small handful of people, Prawit will be woken from his slumbers, porta potty on hand, then have the peasants waiing in front of him in gratitude.

I do wonder whether if that's been his intention all along.

When eventually all this Covid stuff is over, we'll all be relieved....& the Prayut will be crowing from the treetops, how his efforts have been successfull.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The hour in the crisis is late and with the end in sight finally some cash is arriving. Shame it didn't get dished out a lot faster. Would have spared much misery.

Letting them return to work as much as possible wouldn't go amiss either.

Getting back to work is great. But wait a minute!! Who’s going to where there working or buying what there selling?? Is it the locals with all the money? From what I see when I’ve helped at local Temple there’s lots that don’t have the money. Will say some JUST don’t need to be there. 

My wife has just received her 5k this morning after waiting over 4 weeks. She was originally asked for further information before they finally paid up!!!

She has a small laundry shop where she works alone. Her customer numbers are down about 85% with virtually all the girls having returned to the villages weeks ago!!

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Not sure what the software screens for.  I think it is when enough money has been handed out.  The taxi driver we normally used was denied.  It said his business which is now ZERO was not impacted. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Why don't you just give her the 5k/month....she's your GF.

I suppose he gives her 50k a month. But she is still starving so all the hopes are on those 5k handouts.

Edited by Zikomat