Aussie expat launches ambitious bid to host Mike Tyson fight in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, UbonThani said:

He's not some punk, he's one of the greats. 53 is the new 43. People r fitter and stronger now.

And how many 53 year olds are currently rank or have ever held titles? His last fight 15 years ago and he quit against a journeyman, with no desire to fight anymore. He was one of the great yes, but those days long gone, it’s not a rocky movie. 53 is ancient for a boxer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thanks I didn't know that, about the heels. I thought they moved with agility.

I guess I was wrong. Remembered the ear bite, What I forgot is Tyson is a convicted rapist. For that alone he should be banned from Thailand.

ladies and gentleman this is captain coo coo speaking i'll be your pilot for today. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:

And how many 53 year olds are currently rank or have ever held titles? His last fight 15 years ago and he quit against a journeyman, with no desire to fight anymore. He was one of the great yes, but those days long gone, it’s not a rocky movie. 53 is ancient for a boxer

Rather negative

I want to see him fight

If u dont then dont

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thanks I didn't know that, about the heels. I thought they moved with agility.

I guess I was wrong. Remembered the ear bite, What I forgot is Tyson is a convicted rapist. For that alone he should be banned from Thailand.

So why comment if you dont follow these sports?

MT guys sit back so they can kick. Mma guys move fast.

Won't happen Thailand.

Middle East countries will pay top $$$ for this event.

Could be a $50million split payday for the right opponent (probably Holyfield) and marketed with an undercard of other legends in different weights.

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

I am a huge boxing fan but wouldn't pay 1 satang to go and see this Ahole fight after biting off an ear .

And as a convicted rapist should not be allowed into Thailand .

agree!..lock up your daughters and your box of pigs ears.

• Like 1

The recent training video shown on Youtube shows Tyson as very fast and powerful still. Against the likes of Tyson Fury or other top contenders his stamina may prove his downfall, but against any average Joe-he looks like he would knock them out as usual.

5 minutes ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Some of the most horrible, self-defeatist, negative people in the world hide in this forum. Many with thousands of posts. Trying to mask the misery of their lives with poisonous jibes and pathetic attempts at humour.

And older than Tyson as well. Just jealous he's got power. They have trouble picking up a beer.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

The problem for the promoter maybe to find an age appropriate opponent for grandpa Mike.  I guess they will be spending a lot of time surveying Nursing homes. 

Will he need a work-permit? 555555

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

I am a huge boxing fan but wouldn't pay 1 satang to go and see this Ahole fight after biting off an ear .

And as a convicted rapist should not be allowed into Thailand .

Tyson made his mistakes, but that rape trial was a farce.  He was represented by Don Kings non criminal lawyer.   Evidence from two girls who said that the victim was all over him and wanted to bonk him was excluded.  Plenty info around about it if you're have any interest beyond the cursory.

As for Evander, awesome fighter, but serial head butter.  No doubt he was on top, but had thrown plenty of head butts in that fight too.  Disgraceful act by Tyson, but not completely unprovoked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Rather negative

I want to see him fight

If u dont then dont

not negative, just realistic, if he's coming back for a 3 round exhibition for charity all good, I would watch with no expectations, but people posting he could get his titles back and be top ten again sorry but aint ever going to happen.