I-Mac Purchase decisions...info help needed - Please!

Freddie G

Having a few dinars and pesos set aside and they seem to add up to enough to get a 27-inch I-Mac but...I am having trouble pushing the "buy now" button.

I have a short list of questions that might seem "stupid" to all you pro-users out there but, which I have been beyond frustrated by the internet's inability to get me even simple answers.

This is a major purchase for me (the same price as a Royal Enfield 350cc motorbike) and as a live-long PC User (well ever since the Apple GS went down in flames) and I can't seem to discover any of the coveted, secret answers to my (below) questions...state secrets? That's the way Google is treating my search requests by supplying me with all of the most current data from...2008.

Again...any kind help, generous help with Intel and general advice will be greatly appreciated and allow me to support your claim on gaining merit - to use in your next lifetime...

Thanks!

A. I gather the middle model ($1900 USD) is the best deal? Is it...why?

B. Everyone says buy without ram update and add yourself due to Apple's unrealistic greed but, NO one has offered where I can get third party ram here in Bangkok other than ordering from the USA (Amazon) and shipping here...as I rather not do because of previous maulings I have had at the hands of smiling custom's men (and several ladies to be PC and fair)...Is there any place that sells such ram locally and what kind of price range are we looking at.

C. Most people speak highly of the official apple store for service, stock and general usefulness...Is what I heard gossip truth or am I missing some gem dealership that might not have such a large fan base?

Again...

THANKS!!!!

Edited by Freddie G
spelling

9 hours ago, Freddie G said:

A. I gather the middle model ($1900 USD) is the best deal? Is it...why?

Only you can decide on that, what maybe the ideal for you may not be for someone else.

10 hours ago, Freddie G said:

Everyone says buy without ram update and add yourself due to Apple's unrealistic greed but,

I would not put it that way. There are reasons to buy from Apple, they include, not wanting to fiddle, knowing that any problems are covered by the superb guarantee service, knowing that you are getting perfect memory, etc.

NO one has offered where I can get third party ram here in Bangkok

1D1EF12F-01EA-47D6-B44C-D01CDF9A1716.jpeg.0c08505a3d31f064c608da06ea59ab1e.jpeg

there are many places that sell RAM in Bangkok but as I’m not in Bangkok and haven’t bought memory in Thailand I can’t give you addresses 

Most people speak highly of the official apple store for service, stock and general usefulness...Is what I heard gossip truth

Truth. Though I’ve only just started using the online store as there’s no Apple store outside Bangkok. I’ve used the Tokyo stores for years. You should go into and look at the official partner stores  as it’s just possible that they may be able to add some extras, though the price for the Mac will almost certainly be the same.

As for service I can only speak to Apple Japan but it is amazingly good, the service here can not be as fast as in Japan as goods have to go to Singapore but it is almost certainly as good apart from that.

Phone Tech support is outstandingly good. I Personally would add the additional AppleCare extending the warrantee by two years, you never know what damage your cat can cause by knocking the computer over and accidental damage is covered though there is a small fee.