EU chief executive: no post-Brexit deal without 'level playing field'

webfact

Just now, Rookiescot said:

And even if thats true do you seriously think UK manufacturing will survive?

Personally I do , I accept there will be some downsizing , the main problem that UK car manufacturing before covid19 is people not sure what to buy, some many different restrictions on where you can drive diesel cars, most people I know would buy electric if the pricing was lower or I understand there will be a £6,000 allowance announce next month for electric cars

I don't know of anyone that is buying diesel cars at the moment

Someone told me to drive some diesel cars into London you have to pay £32 per day in congestion charges and dirty fuel charges

that nearly £12k if you drive into London everyday

50 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Just returned from Waitrose haddock was £18.95 a kilo,would be nice for people to be able to afford a bit of fish.

Foreign boats catch our fish take it to a foreign country and sell it back to us

great isn't it

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Personally I do , I accept there will be some downsizing , the main problem that UK car manufacturing before covid19 is people not sure what to buy, some many different restrictions on where you can drive diesel cars, most people I know would buy electric if the pricing was lower or I understand there will be a £6,000 allowance announce next month for electric cars

Someone told me to drive some diesel cars into London you have to pay £32 per day in congestion charges and dirty fuel charges

Excellent news.

The entire UK car manufacturing will consist of half a dozen guys making Sinclair C5's.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Who is going to buy a new car with the coming depression,and governments who keep moving the goalposts on emmissions,congestion charging,shutting roads off to all except buses and cycles?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

Maybe BMW etc will have to make cars in the UK in order to sell them competitively 

keep the feet for dancing

You think BMW is going to invest that kind of money for that kind of return?

No you are going to have to pay more for something you could have had pre brexit. Also factor in the exchange rate where the pound is in freefall.

Again.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You think BMW is going to invest that kind of money for that kind of return?

No you are going to have to pay more for something you could have had pre brexit. Also factor in the exchange rate where the pound is in freefall.

Again.

Along with the dollar,the euro,and every other western currency

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Excellent news.

The entire UK car manufacturing will consist of half a dozen guys making Sinclair C5's.

And Potential Telsa

Tesla linked to new UK gigafactory in Somerset

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/tesla-linked-new-uk-gigafactory-somerset

He is looking at a country where right hand drive versions can be built

And outside the EU as EU cars will be built in Germany

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Not out of context in any way at all, It was all part of the same point, I'm sorry if you didn't understand.

Poor try

"I will enjoy watching you beg to rejoin the UK"

Of course..........like all the other countries (Over 100 I believe) in the world that have gained their independence from the now pathetically depleted "Empire".

Oops sorry, not a single one has ever begged to come back, I wonder why?  

What are you on about now? Come back to what? Independence was given. There is no depleted "Empire" to come back to- it's gone - but the UK isn't. Most of these countries elected to remain in the British Commonwealth. That's it. Nothing to do do with the UK or EU. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Nowadays sovereignty is an illusion, we all depend too much on each other
GB chose to leave , let's hope  that it is the right choice, but EU can live without GB 

Democracy is not an illusion though, the British Government were quite in order to give its citizens the choice, I wouldn't have thought that most other countries in the EU will be offered that choice, does it not bother you that you are not trusted to vote in case you vote the wrong way, isn't that how dictatorships operate?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not knowing what a dictatorship is but complaining when we call Brexiteers uneducated... really wondering to what sort of school you guys went (if any)... ???? 

Typical remainer tactic,take one sentence out of a paragraph,and present it out of context

• Like 2

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m afraid the rest of his post just underlined that he doesn’t know what a dictatorship is, so if anything I was doing him a favor by not further exposing his lack of knowledge. 

Pretty obvious really, has Germany offered you or anyone else a referendum, of course they havn't they have dictated you can't have one. HTH ????????????

• Like 1