Thailand’s health minister apologizes for not wearing a face mask

webfact

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Totally agree... no matter how it happened it is good news for everyone. I do wonder though if it has to do with testing. For example the U.S. is now providing free testing on nearly every street corner (yes a bit of an exaggeration) and correspondingly the amount of "cases" have gone up. In contrast, i suspect that Thailand does not have an aggressive testing capability thus the numbers, counting the numbers, remains low. 

the number of cases remain the same, testing or not. Testing simply gives the REPORTED numbers.

8 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

the number of cases remain the same, testing or not. Testing simply gives the REPORTED numbers.

Thailand has carried out nearly 600,000 tests, if you believe there stats. There is no independent verification this number is true. 

The UK with roughly the same population as Thailand has carried out nearly 12 million tests. 

The USA has carried out 40 million tests, almost equivelent 75% of Thailands populaton ! 

• Like 2

I do not see any masks in this picture,there must be ma lot more pictures taken at the same event.

Any masks?

They mingle with people from the US,they better hope no one became infected there.

Do we believe any country's figures? 

We should only criticise or challenge the numbers anywhere when we have proper evidence. Impossible, I know, so I believe what I am told until I discover some other definitive truth - that I accept is probably impossible too.

57 minutes ago, rtco said:

Huge success = no widespread testing, manipulated figures, tourism down the drain, millions of job losses, businesses going bust, the poor getting poorer, the rich getting richer, economic oblivion ... need I go on?  

My sentiments exactly!

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

I do not see any masks in this picture,there must be ma lot more pictures taken at the same event.

Any masks?

They mingle with people from the US,they better hope no one became infected there.

Ya Im American a mask should be voluntary. Oh im 62 yo work in SW Asia, many young people at my camp under 40 tested positive for CV. But the senior citizen (ME) was negative. So what their telling you about who should be concerned is bunk

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Maskas or no masks, kudos to him and the thai people, Let's us all just admit that many countries would or should be envious of Thailand and this administration of the huge success in controlling the virus and keeping it, so far, at bay...

Predicted to be the hardest hit economy in Southeast Asia. Kudos for destroying your economy, kudos for not caring about the poor and starving, 

kudos for eliminating income for millions, kudos for never missing your own paychecks, kudos for using the virus as an excuse for political repression and kudos for not canceling that submarine order and using that money to help those who can no longer help themselves.

• Like 2