Need to go home, but cant because Covid.

racinkc1

Hello All. I need to get home because I have a back issue that has been acting up. It doesn't look like I am allowed to go through the Philippines or Japan. What the hell do I do? I am going to be contacting the Embassy later today hopefully. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

Hello All. I need to get home because I have a back issue that has been acting up. It doesn't look like I am allowed to go through the Philippines or Japan. What the hell do I do?

Go to the hospital here?

Transit is allowed in Japan and there other are options through Taipei or Hong Kong going East, or through the Middle East or Europe going West.

Edited by treetops
Japan info in post above.

The post is lacking in information, regarding your back unless you need immediate surgery this is really a non-issue even in Thailand.

If going to the U.S. since May, you can obtain a flight on Korean or ANA to the U.S., Cathay Pacific as of June has a flight to Hong Kong out of Bangkok then connection to either San Francisco or Los Angeles I didn't ask about other locations. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

The post is lacking in information, regarding your back unless you need immediate surgery this is really a non-issue even in Thailand.

If going to the U.S. since May, you can obtain a flight on Korean or ANA to the U.S., Cathay Pacific as of June has a flight to Hong Kong out of Bangkok then connection to either San Francisco or Los Angeles I didn't ask about other locations. 

Yes,please advise us of your back problem.I for one have had back problems for years working with the

best Doctors in Australia and I found those who had the surgery had the biggest problems.

• Thanks 1

i fly next week BKK-ICN-SEA, that routing is available every day.  korean airlines for BKK-ICN and then delta or korean to seattle (i think they alternate days).  KE leaves BKK at 11:30pm, then a 6 hr layover, the delta flight arrives at 8am in SEA.  i think the korean flight ICN-SEA arrives in SEA later and has a longer layover in ICN.

i'm not sure if you are looking for west coast or east coast.  i'm pretty sure you can get to SFO and LAX also from ICN or NRT.  i believe EVA is also flying once or twice a week from BKK-TPE-various west coast airports.  i know they go to SEA on fridays.

i have reserved a room in the transit hotel at ICN for my 6 hour layover approx. 60usd.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"The following airlines are currently offering outbound flights from Bangkok with connections to the United States: Korean AirQatar AirwaysEthiopian AirlinesJapan AirlinesAir Asiana, and Lufthansa.  All Nippon Airways (ANA) offers flights from Bangkok to Tokyo but connecting flights to the United States requires you to change airports in Japan, which is not allowed under Japan's current travel restrictions.  Please refer here for the latest information regarding transportation in Japan.  There are currently no international flights departing from Chiang Mai International Airport or Phuket International Airport.  "

I've no intentions to leave, but this was very helpful. Thanks, Sheryl.

23 hours ago, treetops said:

Go to the hospital here?

Probably a cost issue, spinal surgery is very costly here, even at government hospitals and he is likely covered by Medicare in the US.

And quality of physical therapy is not great in LOS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Probably a cost issue, spinal surgery is very costly here, even at government hospitals and he is likely covered by Medicare in the US.

And quality of physical therapy is not great in LOS.

Could be, but that's supposition unless the OP comes back to expand on his situation.  Could just as easily be something that could be successfully treated here at minimal cost.

13 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes,please advise us of your back problem.I for one have had back problems for years working with the

best Doctors in Australia and I found those who had the surgery had the biggest problems.

Check out a doctor in Hudson, Florida. Dr Bonati he invented his own procedure. My brother used him and I know several other people that went to him and all were more than happy. Changed their lives.