Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Hey,

Much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm after a complete fairing kit for the old CBR150R. Nearly every panel has been scratched cracked over the years.

I've had a quote from Honda close to 10k, which I thought was a little rich, but that is painted.

I've sent Faddy an email but no reply as yet. They look unpainted from the pics.?

If anyone knows of a alternative that they've heard of or used I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Stefan

Try asking Brian (SumetCycle)... or you can try contacting Faddy from Faddybike by PM on his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/faddybike?fref=ts), he'll reply in a day or two.

The aftermarket fairings at Faddybike are indeed unpainted, last time I asked he doesn't offer painting services. I'd do away with stickers and paint the bike with a "candy" finish.

Edited by RED21

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 2003.

ah ok, then get a new set of fairings they will run around 4000 baht, plus a sticker kit for around 300 baht.

Now you can update your bike to something newer. Beware though, the earliest models had a different front bracket where the rear view mirrors are mounted, but that can also be purchased and you will also need to purchase new mirrors.

If you can post a pic of your bike i can tell you which bracket you have. Basicly black frames are the newer brackets, grey frames are the older brackets.

It's a 2003.

ah ok, then get a new set of fairings they will run around 4000 baht, plus a sticker kit for around 300 baht.

Now you can update your bike to something newer. Beware though, the earliest models had a different front bracket where the rear view mirrors are mounted, but that can also be purchased and you will also need to purchase new mirrors.

If you can post a pic of your bike i can tell you which bracket you have. Basicly black frames are the newer brackets, grey frames are the older brackets.

Great, thanks!

I'm away at the moment and will take a picture at the weekend when back.

Where would you get them from for 3kish?

There is a shop on Udomsuk close to the Prakanong intersection next door to the Pizza Co.

Go there after 7pm, this shop is very busy you dont want to go there in the day time.

They will order for you and you pick up next day, will be slightly cheaper than the dealer, but im not sure if it will be as low as 3k. Theres a possibility they may have everything at the time you go, but i doubt it.

To avoid high blood pressure and psychotic thoughts it may be easier to go to the dealer, that shop is a pain in the ass to deal with when there are a lot of people. I usually go to the Honda dealer on pattanakarn road close to srinakarin...

Just a recommendation, the front headlight fairing has a center piece, order this piece in black...it looks good, makes the bike look a little tougher.

...if you go to that shop CHECK EVERYTHING they are always giving wrong fairing pieces because they are wrapped up and cant see them completely.

Edited by KRS1

Stuck home alone last Friday. While it was a holiday (Visakha Bucha), everyone else in the house had to go to work or school, because they had a long extended summer break. I guess I had too much time to spare...

attachicon.gif2013-05-25 00.14.28.png

Lucky you, I got rid of the CBR150 because I wanted to get the 500 (most likely) in a few months.

Only bike I have now is a brand new click, it's awful, some terrible "combi braking system" which as far as i can work out. The frontbrake doesn't work at all unless you are braking with the back or the back brakes the front for you.

Either way, the front brake does nothing on its own, well done Honda on how to teach new riders how to die! I won't even get ABS on bikes if I have the preference as i believe its most likely to turn you into a unsafe novice braker. Unless you live in a country that gets snow then i would take it.

I always said the CBR 150 has terrible brakes for a bigger bike but I take that back. Before i got rid of it, I was riding with my friend on the back to chula hospital, on rama 4 and for some reason I went on the overpass at Silom intersection instead of turning right and I was looking off at the intersection thinking why did I do that ... i turned to look at the road and traffic was stopped and we were fast approaching, my friend screamed and I jumped on the brakes and we just made it by about half a metre still in 4th gear. I had the panic set in and I didn't think I would make it for a second, didn't even get a chance to change gear! it would have been better to switch lanes but i couldn't shoulder check safely and I wasn't sure if the traffic was stopped as well, either way it was hiddiously close.

kudos to the CBR, forks didn't even bottom out or shake.

When I was taught to drive a MC back in the early '70s (by an ex-flat track racer), I was told to ALWAYS apply the back brakes first to prevent doing a 'Polish' wheelie (my apologies to all offended Polish people; it's just what he called it). And yes, I have made a 'panic' stop on my old carb' cbr150 when I realized the traffic had stopped on Petchaburi Rd. The back tried to come around a little but was, overall, a controlled stop. I have much more confidence in those brakes now. Glad you stopped in time. BTW my friend loves his Click and regularly out races me in traffic with it.

• 1 month later...

Stuck home alone last Friday. While it was a holiday (Visakha Bucha), everyone else in the house had to go to work or school, because they had a long extended summer break. I guess I had too much time to spare...

Posted Image2013-05-25 00.14.28.png

Lucky you, I got rid of the CBR150 because I wanted to get the 500 (most likely) in a few months.

Only bike I have now is a brand new click, it's awful, some terrible "combi braking system" which as far as i can work out. The frontbrake doesn't work at all unless you are braking with the back or the back brakes the front for you.

Either way, the front brake does nothing on its own, well done Honda on how to teach new riders how to die! I won't even get ABS on bikes if I have the preference as i believe its most likely to turn you into a unsafe novice braker. Unless you live in a country that gets snow then i would take it.

I always said the CBR 150 has terrible brakes for a bigger bike but I take that back. Before i got rid of it, I was riding with my friend on the back to chula hospital, on rama 4 and for some reason I went on the overpass at Silom intersection instead of turning right and I was looking off at the intersection thinking why did I do that ... i turned to look at the road and traffic was stopped and we were fast approaching, my friend screamed and I jumped on the brakes and we just made it by about half a metre still in 4th gear. I had the panic set in and I didn't think I would make it for a second, didn't even get a chance to change gear! it would have been better to switch lanes but i couldn't shoulder check safely and I wasn't sure if the traffic was stopped as well, either way it was hiddiously close.

kudos to the CBR, forks didn't even bottom out or shake.

How much did you sell your CBR 150 for? I tired selling mine but I couldn't get a reasonable price for it so I decided to just keep it and have two instead.

• 1 month later...

post-140969-13777054626266_thumb.jpg

Just did another little mod to my 150. Welded a Thai pipe to the end of the stock catalytic converter. It's nice and quiet not to load and saves a little weight. It didn't really cost me that much as I got the muffler from a friend.

The only bad thing that I don't like I'd that the muffler rubs with the swing are just a bit.

post-140969-13777054302323_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I thought I could bring some excitement back to topic of the CBR 150. For a reliable, inexpensive motorcycle.

post-140969-13817642055219_thumb.jpg

I got the carbon GP exhaust from Leo Vince this evening from tie motocyc. I ordered it on Saturday and received it by Monday. Super quick, I was expecting it to come it to come in on Tuesday for Wednesday. I'm happy with it. What do you guys think about it?

how loud is it?

Without the baffle, DB killer it's annoying loud. But with the baffle it's manageable. Once I get up to 7k rpm the sound just keep raising all the way to redline. On the streets it's really good for keeping the cars and scooters aware of your presents.

The only problem that I have with the baffle is that it rattles a little bit at lower RPMs, kinda making it sound like a two stroke. But it might have just been because the exhaust is new and the lose fibers still need to get flushed out of the exhaust.

Cool man. Like the way it looks on cbr150. Small bike small pipe, perfect fit!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks personally I like the way the exhaust pipe is actually mounted to the center exhaust mount. And how the pipe jumps from an inch pipping to two before going into the muffler.

On my way to work today I felt better power while climbing over a bridge.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my cbr 150 just coming up to 3 years in January 2014

Chain been noisy since new took to Honda and complained

They said it was normal

However I've regularly adjusted and lubed the chain

Now ts 11,500 kms

It needs to be changed

So I'll take it in for service today after reading this info

Thanks guys

Safe riding

They said it was normal

Now ts 11,500 kms

It needs to be changed

Thanks guys

Safe riding

I've always changed my chain and sprockets at same time. Around 10,000km

Here are the different sprocket set ups that I've tried.

Stock F15T and R43T stock is okay

F14T and R44T the engined revved to hight

F15T and R42T is the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If the chain and sprokets only last around 10k km, maybe it's best to try a different manufacturer than the stock ones used.

They're probably made in Thailand, and wear out much quicker than a decent set. Chains and sprockets should be lasting much, much longer than that.

If the chain and sprokets only last around 10k km, maybe it's best to try a different manufacturer than the stock ones used.

They're probably made in Thailand, and wear out much quicker than a decent set. Chains and sprockets should be lasting much, much longer than that.

If you want a chain that last longer then all you need to do is switch the chain size from 428 to 520, switch to the stock chain for the CBR 250R.

^ Then why don't you do that, instead of buying a new chain and sproket set every 10k km.

Personally I don't mind maintaining my bike. I use the OEM size because that's what honda recommends. Your the one who wanted a longer lasting chain, so there's the answer to your problem.

They said it was normal

Now ts 11,500 kms

It needs to be changed

Thanks guys

Safe riding

after 3 years and 11,500kms I'd say that your drivetrain noise is about to be drowned out by the rattling cams anyway, so you won't notice it anymore....

^ Then why don't you do that, instead of buying a new chain and sproket set every 10k km.

Personally I don't mind maintaining my bike. I use the OEM size because that's what honda recommends. Your the one who wanted a longer lasting chain, so there's the answer to your problem.

I think he was only talking to you dude, not about himself.

They said it was normal

Now ts 11,500 kms

It needs to be changed

Thanks guys

Safe riding

ahh, the cbr 150 elastic chain...remember it well....get a D.I.D. roller chain...

here's a secret, go buy a ninja 250 air filter, cut out your paper element and set the ninja filter in place, or use a scouring pad, cheap ones work best....and change the sparkplug wire to 8 gauge....shhh dont tell anyone

Nov 13

So how long should a chain last?

A year, two years or 20,000km, 30,000 km?

DID chains are DID chains. The difference is the size 428 CBR 150, 520 CBR 250.

No, they aren't the same.

A non-Thai DID chain should be good for over 50k km, ime.

http://www.yaban.com/upload/en/85/14_file_1.pdf

Your wrong the size of the chain matters. The bigger the chain the more durable it is.