Tourists to get unlimited 30-day extensions to stay after ‘visa amnesty’ ends

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A VERY misleading headline - the ‘extension’ is for those with a Medical Certificate proving they are unfit to fly or those with a letter from their Embassy explaining why they cannot fly. 

yes, AND no posting the expense, another thai money grab based on spurious logic

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

10:000 posts.

How to convert expired multiple non-immigrant to tourist visa. ????

Somebody who entered with a non-immigrant visa can apply for the same extensions, this is not limited to tourists.

The headline is of course very misleading

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So .. every 30d from September 26th the immigration offices will be packed and deserted in the meanwhile? Can't they just do the "amnesty" until further notice, with the 30 days at the end when travel normalizes, instead of creating bureaucratic mess.

how much per extension x number of people extending = cha ching. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

A very sensible  and logical decision by Thai Immigration .

(I would also like to go on record and state this is exactly what I predicted that they would do )

What did they do? They announced the same things in July, and the laws/regulations exist since years.

• Like 2

Just now, jackdd said:

What did they do? They announced the same things in July, and the laws/regulations exist since years.

The previous law stated that we could all stay on the visa amnesty freely without extending our visas .

This new law states we have to get 30 day extensions with a letter from the Embassy , back to how it was last March 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think this unfit to fly certificate is new. Should be easy to get I think. 

50 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Highly likely to be the usual 1900 Baht per 30 days 

I think it was 400,000 that will have their permits expire .. 400,000 * 1,900 = 760M baht. Ok then, now it's obvious why they want people to go to offices. $.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, scammed said:

thanks for pointing that out,

its good someone here read beyond the headline

Yeah, normaly good to read more than just headline! Hole news is "duck" nothing new only put nice "glazing"! Like they have really think about situation, but nothing change what was before!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Nothing new ... except Immigration trying to remove speculation that the prime minister is planning to do something for stranded tourists who do not want to leave. Wait to see if there are announcements on the cabinet meeting to consider the matter.

Could even be read as the I.O confirming that the free amnesty will NOT be extended ?

• Like 2