Last year's bank balance?

Last week I went to Chonburi Immigration and got an up to date list of the documents required to extend an O-A visa. Today I returned with my documents in perfect order.

The clerk processed my documents and, when finished, asked me to verify my bank balance as of my visa renewal **last year**. My bank book had become full since that date, and my new bank book does not cover that date. I told him the following:

"I extended my visa last year, so my bank balance must have been adequate on that date. I then filed a 90 day bank balance report so my bank balance must have been adequate for 90 days after that date. So, what's the problem?"

He replied that his boss wanted a statement from my bank certifying my bank balance as of last year's visa extension date, and a copy of my passbook from that time period.

Then he also mentioned something about my bank balance not being allowed to fall below 400,000 baht. "So do you need a full year's transactions?" I asked.

He was in an enormous rush, and already working on someone else's paperwork, and just mumbled something about last year's renewal date.

At this point I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to submit. I'm thinking of asking my bank for a 13 month transaction record; a certified copy of my old bankbook; and a letter stating my bank balance as of my visa renewal last year. None of these, of course, on the official list of required documents.

Has anyone else experienced this nonsense?

All you should need is a 12 or 13 months bank statement. They want to see proof you kept the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after you applied for your extension last year and then 400k baht until you topped it up to 800k baht.

Also update you current bank book and then make copies of you old one as well.