Trump says he minimized coronavirus, didn't want to create panic: Woodward book

webfact

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

One hopes the Dems are able to block trumps attempts at voter suppression, because trump and the republicans, as already proven, will certainly not live up to their Oath to defend the Rule of Law.

Its not really an attempt at voter suppression. Its part of Trump's armory of excuses as to why he lost the election. Part of his "blame everyone but me" philosophy. He knows he's already lost, blame it on a fake election, fake media, BLM, whatever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

Its not really an attempt at voter suppression. Its part of Trump's armory of excuses as to why he lost the election. Part of his "blame everyone but me" philosophy. He knows he's already lost, blame it on a fake election, fake media, BLM, whatever.

I was talking to the upcoming 03/11 elections. Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but you may like to do some research into trump administration heavily investing in voter suppression tactics.

Just now, simple1 said:

I was talking to the upcoming 03/11 elections. Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but you may like to do some research into trump administration heavily investing in voter suppression tactics.

Trump knows he will lose the election. He will blame the chaos he created with mail in votes on others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Not for me - think they're scary in thier fanatism - they all appear to support authoritarianism in one form o=r another. Quite possible if trump is re-elected he will cause enormous damage to democratic institutions and the Rule of Law.

I agree that The Donald represents a clear and present danger But ... I see a more serious threat in the American nation as a society with no future if Americans do not reject him and his ilk by voting in overwhelming opposition or not voting at all (I have lost my country if at least 70% show that they do not support).

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

It will be very humiliating for this man, to be remembered as 44, not 45. The 44th worst president in the history of the US. And I thought Bush Jr. was bad. In comparison, he appears to be a wise, elder statesman, who was articulate (LOL), compassionate, and decent. And I do not say that lightly. I despised the man. But, not nearly as much as I hold Trump in contempt. Not even close. 

Trump's level of hubris, and his bizarre self image, contribute to him constantly shooting himself in the foot. He simply cannot get out of his own way. Trump is Biden's greatest ally. 

Better at geography than Trump too. Who will ever forget "Thighland"? Maybe "cofevee" is a country too? Sadly, we may never know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It will be very humiliating for this man, to be remembered as 44, not 45. The 44th worst president in the history of the US. And I thought Bush Jr. was bad. In comparison, he appears to be a wise, elder statesman, who was articulate (LOL), compassionate, and decent. And I do not say that lightly. I despised the man. But, not nearly as much as I hold Trump in contempt. Not even close. 

Trump's level of hubris, and his bizarre self image, contribute to him constantly shooting himself in the foot. He simply cannot get out of his own way. Trump is Biden's greatest ally. 

Why do people forget that Bush was a war criminal who killed somewhere between 150,000 and one million Iraqis, every single one of whom was innocent of both WMDs and participation in 9/11.  

Loathsome as Trump undeniably is, he hasn't yet reached the depths of Bush's depravity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

What's interesting to me if you listen to the tape of Trump talking with Woodward is that Trump doesn't talk to him the way he talks to members of the WH press corps, for instance, such as by blatant lying through his teeth, which would be to insult Woodward's intelligence.  Trump knows that Woodward is going to write his book.  I think he is trying to schmooze Woodward into giving him more favorable treatment by talking frankly.  It shows how Trump only considers the immediate problem that he faces and not the consequences that will arise later.  Now, since Woodward had Trump on tape, with Trump's knowledge, he can't deny it.  Nevertheless, Trump will attempt to deny it somehow.

Trump thinks he can talk the stripes off a zebra, which works only up to a point.

Vision and smarts is not exactly Trumps strong suit. He not only has become significantly less convincing over the years (unquestionably, his better years are behind him, and he is fading fast), but he has absolutely no idea how to strategize, nor how to negotiate (unless he is buying small apartment buildings, that is the full extent of his ability in that area). He is a sad relic. A dinosaur. Totally out of touch with not only reality, but with the year 2020. No worries. Only a few months of this miserable soul to endure. 

• Haha 1