Which other movies were shot in Phuket?

Jillie Norman

4 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Matthew Modine was a cool guy, he used to mingle with the extras. Gena Davis was a frosty b#tch and you weren't allowed to approach her....

I wonder how many horny guys hit on Matthew Modine.

8 hours ago, olivierf20 said:

Well actually The Beach was shot on Phi Phi Island, part of Krabi province, not Phuket... Platoon was actually shot in Phuket ????

Wrong.

The Beach was also filmed in Phuket. The hotel in “Bangkok” where Leo meets the French couple and the crazy guy was actually filmed in Phuket City. I stayed there in 2006. It’s called the On On and it was just as <deleted>ty in real life as how the movie portrayed it. It was only 200baht a night though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lust said:

Wrong.

The Beach was also filmed in Phuket. The hotel in “Bangkok” where Leo meets the French couple and the crazy guy was actually filmed in Phuket City. I stayed there in 2006. It’s called the On On and it was just as <deleted>ty in real life as how the movie portrayed it. It was only 200baht a night though.

Has changed name and upgraded since, Memory at On On now.

• Like 1

Heaven & Earth 

Shot in 1993, Heaven & Earth is a superb film by Oliver Stone about the Vietnam War and its consequences. Based on a true story written by Le Ly Hayslip (played by Hiep Thi Le in the movie), the plot relates the life of a young Vietnamese woman and her march through the horrors of history, from Vietnam to America and back.

The Sino-Portuguese house featured in the movie is Baan Chinpracha which is open to visitors and located in Phuket Old Town. Scenes of Vietnamese rural life were shot in the beautiful province of Krabi, only a 2-hour drive from Phuket

• Like 1

The Killing Fields:

The film focuses on the terrors of the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia and is based on the experiences of 2 jounalists. The film features the French and American Embassies in Phuket Town.

Casualties of War:

This harsh Vietnam War movie used locations in Kanchanburi, Phang Nga and Phuket when filming in 1989, as filming in Vietnam was impossible at the time due to the strict political regime. It starred famous 80's and 90's actors Sean Penn and Michael J. Fox.

18 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Yeah......me too.

Was also in an Australian TV series filmed in Phang-Nga (the base was Phuket) called Vietnam in 1987.

The ozzies made it to viet nam in 1987? and actually landed in Thailand? no wonder back-up never arrived. ????

10 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

The ozzies made it to viet nam in 1987? and actually landed in Thailand? no wonder back-up never arrived. ????

My punctuation could have been better. The TV miniseries Vietnam was filmed in 1987.....but, you knew that........right?

On 10/5/2020 at 9:15 PM, lust said:

Wrong.

... and if you got there early enough (1980s) it was also a brothel, with the girls staying in loco. Actually there was a brothel at every 100 m in the Old Town area of Phuket Town ... fondly remembered by many. Now there is only one left. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

'Blue' a bollywood movie, some scenes shot in Phuket Town and  Phrom Thep.

Actually quite a few Bollywood movies have been (partly) shot in Phuket. I saw one with numerous scenes at Patong Beach, can't remember the title. Thailand has been quite a popular destination for Indian movie productions.